The Student Room Group

A level schools for 19-year-old international student?

I am 18 turning 19 in jan 2014 and I'm from Hong Kong. I have finished my last year of high school in an US online school but I would like to study in UK. Therefore I would need to take A levels (I don't want to do a foundation course since i haven't decided what to major in). I know it's pretty late to apply for most of the sixth form colleges and also considering my age, I think there are not many that would accept me? Does anyone have any suggestions of some good schools that might still accept applications now?

I have searched for a couple, for example Bellerbys, Cats, JLC, Bosworth, etc. I know the first two are pretty reputable and also good for international students but I would like to see if there are any less expensive ones. I heard JLC is not good although their A level results are outstanding (it's just some rumours about the internal operation being problematic). Bosworth seems great and also accepts older students but I'm concerned if their teaching is good?

Please give some suggestions if you have any experience with any sixth form colleges or schools with good teaching. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest