Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

help with getting rid of my phone till exams please!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    i want to get rid of my iphone till exams are done but the thing is my alarm clock is on here and also tsr which is bloomin addicting. i always find myself going on safari arghhhh. also my timer is on here so i have to use my phone to time myself when doing past papers. what substitutes can i use for my phone?? i really want to do well in my exams but my phone is stopping me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    i want to get rid of my iphone till exams are done but the thing is my alarm clock is on here and also tsr which is bloomin addicting. i always find myself going on safari arghhhh. also my timer is on here so i have to use my phone to time myself when doing past papers. what substitutes can i use for my phone?? i really want to do well in my exams but my phone is stopping me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    buy an alarm clock theyre cheap.
    Buy a stopwatch to use as a timer, or if ure using a computer (which u can also use to check tsr) use a timer on there. get your parents/partner to keep ure phone.

ReputationRep:
    You could put aeroplane mode on? There's nothing more annoying than sitting next to your phone which has lit up with a text or Facebook notification and trying to stop yourself reading it haha. This way you won't receive phone calls or texts and you won't be able to connect to the internet. However, you'll still me able to use the timer and alarm clock.

ReputationRep:
    Lol why the neg?

ReputationRep:
    If you find yourself being distracted every so often with your phone, I think the best way is to download an app which controls what you can use for a certain amount of time. If you have an android phone, download Self Control for Study, which I always use when studying... You can choose which apps to block (like Facebook, Twitter..) and for how long. You'll soon get so used to it that you want even need to use the app Hope that helps!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get a stopwatch for timing your practice papers and a normal alarm clock for sleeping (you can probably find some device that has both). Then give your phone to a family member/friend and tell them to keep it until you've done with your exams and give it back to you under no circumstances.

(Original post by paolag)
    If you find yourself being distracted every so often with your phone, I think the best way is to download an app which controls what you can use for a certain amount of time. If you have an android phone, download Self Control for Study, which I always use when studying... You can choose which apps to block (like Facebook, Twitter..) and for how long. You'll soon get so used to it that you want even need to use the app Hope that helps!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Can you get this sort of thing for your computer? I could bloody well do with one.

ReputationRep:
    The obvious, best solution is, as others have mentioned, just get an ALARM CLOCK. It doubles as being a timer as well... Its the cheapest and best substitute. Switch off your phone unless you really need it, like for an emergency, that way you won't be tempted to use it.

ReputationRep:
    Take the SIM card out and give it to your parents. The alarm and stuff will still work but it won't act as a phone or connect over data.

You can take SIM cards out of iPhones right?

ReputationRep:
    Or buy yourself the cheapest phone with an unlocked pay as you go simcard - you can put your own card in it so people can still contact you by phone. They all have alarm clocks on and cost about 5 quid

ReputationRep:
    ive brought an alarm clock, and ordered a timer and a wrist watch. will be giving my phone to a close family friend as i know that if i keep it in my house ill be so tempted to look for it and go on . will hopefully pay off. the amount of sacrifices i make for these Alevel exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    ive brought an alarm clock, and ordered a timer and a wrist watch. will be giving my phone to a close family friend as i know that if i keep it in my house ill be so tempted to look for it and go on . will hopefully be worth it. the amount of sacrifices i make for these Alevel exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd say just give it to someone and use a clock instead

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, there's a program that you can download off the internet called Cold Turkey which can also monitor and control what you can use on the pc for a certain amount of time. I've never used it but they say that its the most popular

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could also just not turn on your phone/ computer + give it to someone else and you'll get it back once you're done with your work.
    I actually did that today and ended up studying 45 pages of a textbook, which is good enough.
    Once I've turned the computer on I know I won't get much revising done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.