Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Enlighten me please.

ReputationRep:
    I use face scrubs designed for men. I just find them more...scrubby than women's ones? I need to scrub all the evil blackheads off my face for good!

Apart from that, I don't think I've encountered scrubs that work noticeably better than other ones. You might want to try a spot cream with salicylic acid in it as well; it's a mild antibacterial so can help get rid of the bacteria that cause acne (just read the ingredients on the back of spot creams). Alternatively, make a face mask out of aspirin: http://beautybanter.com/diy-aspirin-...and-acne-angst - salicylic acid is the active ingredient in aspirin.

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever had a very minor case of blackheads before and used the Clean & Clear Blackhead Scrub to get rid of them. The thing is, scrubs don't seem to provide a long term solution - i.e. something to actually prevent blackheads from appearing once and for all. But when I started using a different moisturiser (the Clean and Clear Skin Balancing Moisturiser to be precise) I stopped getting blackheads for good. The moisturiser was only a couple of pounds from Superdrug.

ReputationRep:
    Ok firstly, forget scrubs or anything with them little bits in they do damage to your skin and should only be used once or twice a week, anything you do with your skin should always be gentle. I would recommend a simple daily cleanser such as cetaphil being used with a BHA liquid exfoliant once or twice a day depending on how your skin reacts.

The liquid will not only unclog your pores, it will prevent future blackheads, I recommend paula's choice 2 bha liquid as like many others it worked really well for me. Im someone who had real bad skin through my teen years and tried all the scrubs and different ways of getting rid of blackheads and most worked but only temporarily, this stuff will work i guarentee you after the first week you will see less blackheads and your pores will appear smaller. Use an exfoliating scrub twice a week and use a toner+moisturiser which work well with your skin day/night.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a scrub, but I'm loving Origins Clear Improvement face mask at the moment. I saw a noticeable difference in blackheads and enlarged pores on my nose after one use. You can almost feel it pulling all the **** out of your pores - amazing stuff! x

ReputationRep:
    My holy grail is St. Ive's Apricot Scrub

Steaming your face once or twice a week will also help to clean your pores - just remember to do a cold water rinse after, to close them.

ReputationRep:
    I am yet to find a blackhead scrub that actually gets rid of blackheads. I've even tried steaming my face before using the scrub and the strip things that you put on your nose, but nothing works.

ReputationRep:
    I second the apricot scrub (the one for oily skin). But it's pretty scubby so don't use it too often, twice a week is fine.

Also this mask from boots: http://www.boots.com/en/Botanics-Shi...100ml_1261993/
    Just make sure your housemates don't catch you with it on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Enlighten me please.
    I'd recommend Clinique don't be put off by the fact that they mainly specialize in women's cosmetics, they also do men's skincare too and in my experience while their stuff can be pretty expensive it is worth it, I have used other's but their's is my personal favourite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan_1)
    Enlighten me please.
    Are sure they're aren't sebacous filaments?
    A lot of people mistake these for blackheads but SF are permanent and 'refill' within 24 hours. blackhead usually don't come back (depending on your skin)

ReputationRep:
    I'm a really huge fan of Clinique skincare products as a whole and I can definitely recommend their Turnaround Instant Facial. Their whole Blemish 3-step skincare regime is really good as well as it helps with imperfections, blemishes, blackheads and so on; Pore Minimising Serum helps to reduce the size of your pores which will also help with blackheads.

It's not cheap but it's the best around in my view. I swear by their Moisture Surge gel - keeps your skin baby soft!

ETA: My Clinique rep advised me DON'T use blackhead strips on your nose, they make the problem ten times worse!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.