This discussion is closed.
oldthrashbarg
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fred0202)
If money wasn't an issue I would love to have a Rolex, they make some of the best looking watches.
Rolex watches are usually vulgar
Insatiable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by SpAnIsH_fLy)
seiko watches are really strong, ive got a mans one that i keep in my pocket..it was my dad's
I have a ladies' titanium Seiko watch and a chunky plastic Star Wars stormtrooper one.
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Who cares about ''fashionable watches?'' In less than 6 months they'll look dated and no-one will even care. The good watches are about style and a timeless design that will not look dated in 10 years time. I hate watches that are just so vulgar, Rolex's are too ostentatious, tacky and they're the sort of watches that a lottery winner would buy. Some of the Breitling's just look stupid unless you're a pilot or a deep sea diver. The best makes are:

Omega
Longines
Frank Muller
Vacheron Constantine

But i guess these aren't very practical for students.
fred0202
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by oldthrashbarg)
Rolex watches are usually vulgar
These watches aren't vulgar.

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/products.asp?type=25
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Some of the Breitling's just look stupid unless you're a pilot or a deep sea diver.
Well, Navitimers look a little on the daft side, but the Breitling Aerospace with Professional bracelet is the classiest watch I've ever seen.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
These watches aren't vulgar.

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/products.asp?type=25
Yes, the submariner et al is quite a nice design, subtle and doesnt scream 'look at me, i've got a rolex' which is very important.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Well, Navitimers look a little on the daft side, but the Breitling Aerospace with Professional bracelet is the classiest watch I've ever seen.
I disagree. I have an Omega Seamaster America's cup edition, I beleive that to be the most styleish

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/produc...?productid=668

I think this Breitling is far classier having looked at that site:

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/produc...?productid=565
Kurdt Morello
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As long as it is analogue and tells the time i couldnt give a stuff - but i do like the wind-up ones more + kinetic one i am getting for uni
gwirion
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have a Morgan watch, displays the time like every other watch!
Anu
Report 16 years ago
What is the most fashionable make of Watches? Guess, Fossil?
it depends, male/female

young/old

Gucci watches are kind of overrated now. Theyre nice, sleek and sophisticated, but it seems everyone has one, or at least a rip off of it.

Id say Rado is defiently a good one for a guy, **** expensive though..aswell as Tag, which is cheaper. Guess is a cheaper verdsion..but everyone knows that..

For a woman, Georgio armani do some sophisticated ones, aswell as DKNY, whose are often cheaper. Only around 100 pounds.
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Fossil Fossil Fossil! They are so nice, I could've bought the whole shop when I was in Covent Garden!
Anu
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fred86)
Fossil Fossil Fossil! They are so nice, I could've bought the whole shop when I was in Covent Garden!
erg but fossil watches are so bulky, and so cheap! :s
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My lil bro bought me this Rado last year but I don't really like it because it's got a big diamond in it and I'm not into the sparkly kinda look.

But this year my dad's getting me a tag, which I'll be choosing for myself. I'm into the casual and functionable watch
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
£70/80 for a student is quite a lot sorry mr rich person
Anu
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
My lil bro bought me this Rado last year but I don't really like it because it's got a big diamond in it and I'm not into the sparkly kinda look.

But this year my dad's getting me a tag, which I'll be choosing for myself. I'm into the casual and functionable watch
Mm i think rado is only a good look for a man. they have really good desings..sleek. im also not into the spakly ****.

and fair doos..if you want to spend 60/70 pounds on a watch go ahead. but dont "mr rich person" me, just because iw ant to spend more cash to buy a better watch. *sigh*

and im a girl btw. goodness.
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anu)
Mm i think rado is only a good look for a man. they have really good desings..sleek. im also not into the spakly ****.

and fair doos..if you want to spend 60/70 pounds on a watch go ahead. but dont "mr rich person" me, just because iw ant to spend more cash to buy a better watch. *sigh*

and im a girl btw. goodness.
ok sorry just don't call them cheap they're functionable and fashionable, can't really ask for much mroe unless u want true class with tag and rolex!
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Anu)
it depends, male/female

young/old

Gucci watches are kind of overrated now. Theyre nice, sleek and sophisticated, but it seems everyone has one, or at least a rip off of it.

Id say Rado is defiently a good one for a guy, **** expensive though..aswell as Tag, which is cheaper. Guess is a cheaper verdsion..but everyone knows that..

For a woman, Georgio armani do some sophisticated ones, aswell as DKNY, whose are often cheaper. Only around 100 pounds.
All those brands are crap. The parts inside them are the same you'd get in a £20 watch. The rest is just mark up. When you buy a Rolex or an Omega you are paying for better movement, thats why they are expensive.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads