The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fred0202
If money wasn't an issue I would love to have a Rolex, they make some of the best looking watches.

Rolex watches are usually vulgar
SpAnIsH_fLy
seiko watches are really strong, ive got a mans one that i keep in my pocket..it was my dad's

I have a ladies' titanium Seiko watch and a chunky plastic Star Wars stormtrooper one. :biggrin:
Reply 22
Who cares about ''fashionable watches?'' In less than 6 months they'll look dated and no-one will even care. The good watches are about style and a timeless design that will not look dated in 10 years time. I hate watches that are just so vulgar, Rolex's are too ostentatious, tacky and they're the sort of watches that a lottery winner would buy. Some of the Breitling's just look stupid unless you're a pilot or a deep sea diver. The best makes are:

Omega
Longines
Frank Muller
Vacheron Constantine

But i guess these aren't very practical for students.
Reply 23
oldthrashbarg
Rolex watches are usually vulgar

These watches aren't vulgar.

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/products.asp?type=25
Reply 24
G4ry
Some of the Breitling's just look stupid unless you're a pilot or a deep sea diver.

Well, Navitimers look a little on the daft side, but the Breitling Aerospace with Professional bracelet is the classiest watch I've ever seen.
fred0202

Yes, the submariner et al is quite a nice design, subtle and doesnt scream 'look at me, i've got a rolex' which is very important.
Wzz
Well, Navitimers look a little on the daft side, but the Breitling Aerospace with Professional bracelet is the classiest watch I've ever seen.

I disagree. I have an Omega Seamaster America's cup edition, I beleive that to be the most styleish :smile:

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/productdetail.asp?productid=668

I think this Breitling is far classier having looked at that site:

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/productdetail.asp?productid=565
As long as it is analogue and tells the time i couldnt give a stuff - but i do like the wind-up ones more + kinetic one i am getting for uni
Reply 28
I have a Morgan watch, displays the time like every other watch!
Reply 29
fred0202
What is the most fashionable make of Watches? Guess, Fossil?

it depends, male/female

young/old

Gucci watches are kind of overrated now. Theyre nice, sleek and sophisticated, but it seems everyone has one, or at least a rip off of it.

Id say Rado is defiently a good one for a guy, SHIT expensive though..aswell as Tag, which is cheaper. Guess is a cheaper verdsion..but everyone knows that..

For a woman, Georgio armani do some sophisticated ones, aswell as DKNY, whose are often cheaper. Only around 100 pounds.
Reply 30
Fossil Fossil Fossil! They are so nice, I could've bought the whole shop when I was in Covent Garden!
Reply 31
fred86
Fossil Fossil Fossil! They are so nice, I could've bought the whole shop when I was in Covent Garden!

erg but fossil watches are so bulky, and so cheap! :s
My lil bro bought me this Rado last year but I don't really like it because it's got a big diamond in it and I'm not into the sparkly kinda look.

But this year my dad's getting me a tag, which I'll be choosing for myself. I'm into the casual and functionable watch
Reply 33
£70/80 for a student is quite a lot sorry mr rich person
Reply 34
lilsunflower
My lil bro bought me this Rado last year but I don't really like it because it's got a big diamond in it and I'm not into the sparkly kinda look.

But this year my dad's getting me a tag, which I'll be choosing for myself. I'm into the casual and functionable watch

Mm i think rado is only a good look for a man. they have really good desings..sleek. im also not into the spakly shit.

and fair doos..if you want to spend 60/70 pounds on a watch go ahead. but dont "mr rich person" me, just because iw ant to spend more cash to buy a better watch. *sigh*

and im a girl btw. goodness.
Reply 35
Anu
Mm i think rado is only a good look for a man. they have really good desings..sleek. im also not into the spakly shit.

and fair doos..if you want to spend 60/70 pounds on a watch go ahead. but dont "mr rich person" me, just because iw ant to spend more cash to buy a better watch. *sigh*

and im a girl btw. goodness.

ok sorry just don't call them cheap they're functionable and fashionable, can't really ask for much mroe unless u want true class with tag and rolex!
Anu
it depends, male/female

young/old

Gucci watches are kind of overrated now. Theyre nice, sleek and sophisticated, but it seems everyone has one, or at least a rip off of it.

Id say Rado is defiently a good one for a guy, SHIT expensive though..aswell as Tag, which is cheaper. Guess is a cheaper verdsion..but everyone knows that..

For a woman, Georgio armani do some sophisticated ones, aswell as DKNY, whose are often cheaper. Only around 100 pounds.

All those brands are crap. The parts inside them are the same you'd get in a £20 watch. The rest is just mark up. When you buy a Rolex or an Omega you are paying for better movement, thats why they are expensive.

Latest

Trending

Trending