Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Rolf Harris questioned in sex offence probe. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22212131

Truly am shocked - guess you guys who were saying it was him were right all along...

Though it seems the BBC have only decided to reveal who it was now for legal reasons...

ReputationRep:
    He's been arrested. I guess he and Jake the Peg with the extra leg have questions to answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    the extra leg
    Can you tell what it is yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Can you tell what it is yet?
    More like "can you tell if it's in yet?"

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see this finally came out about 2 weeks after it was first leaked.

ReputationRep:
    Thought he was getting questioned a few months back, some of his lyrics are a bit... iffy anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe it :'(

Not Rolf :'(

Why didn't you just keep doing this Rolf?

ReputationRep:
    2 little boys had 2 little toys..........

ReputationRep:
    Just because he's being questioned doesn't mean anything.

You'll note a lot of celebrities are named, so unless showbusiness is a massive rape-fest, chances are that some are groundless allegations

ReputationRep:
    He's pleaded not guilty through the medium of wobble board.

For god's sake.

ReputationRep:
    NO NONONONONO Not Rolf.

Who next ...Sooty ?

ReputationRep:
    I hope that justice is done - it's possible that he did it, and it's possible that he didn't. It's up to the police to work it out. People's opinions on whether he was a "nice guy" shouldn't hide the truth of the situation. I grew up loving animal hospital and tie me kangaroo down sport, but if he's a sex offender then he deserves to be held accountable for his actions.

Edit: can't believe I've been negged. What did I say wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    NO NONONONONO Not Rolf.

Who next ...Sooty ?
    If sooty were to be guilty of doing something like this, would he be charged or the man with his hand up sooty's bottom? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    nooooooo not Rolf

i am surprised by how many people have actually come out of the woodwork though. are we sure there aren't just people making up allegations to settle old grudges etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edithwashere)
    I hope that justice is done - it's possible that he did it, and it's possible that he didn't. It's up to the police to work it out. People's opinions on whether he was a "nice guy" shouldn't hide the truth of the situation. I grew up loving animal hospital and tie me kangaroo down sport, but if he's a sex offender then he deserves to be held accountable for his actions.
    It's up to the police to collect evidence. It's up to a jury to 'work it out', if there is enough evidence for a case to be heard.

ReputationRep:
    He is still innocent to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Am I Really Here)
    It's up to the police to collect evidence. It's up to a jury to 'work it out', if there is enough evidence for a case to be heard.
    Sorry, didn't phrase myself very clearly - you're right Think I read he had already been charged somewhere though so perhaps there's enough evidence? Guess we'll find out in the end regardless, the media loves a celebrity fall-from-grace story.

ReputationRep:
    He's exactly like Jimmy Saville, you look at now and think he does look a bit iffy.

ReputationRep:
    I was dreading his name coming up in all this, I hope its not true

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 1, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.