The Student Room Group

Rolf Harris questioned in sex offence probe.

Scroll to see replies

Certainly puts a new spin on the "Two Little Boys" lyrics...

Two little boys had two little toys
Each had a wooden horse.
Gaily they played each summer's day
Warriors both of course.
One little chap then had a mishap
Broke off his horse's head.
Wept for his toy then cried with joy
As his young playmate said.

Did you think I would leave you crying
When there's room on my horse for two.
Climb up here, Jack and don't be crying
I can go just as fast with two.

Filthy stuff
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Maybe it was "tie me kangaroo down"... animal bondage ticks so many wrong boxes :eek:
Reply 22
there are many insensitive jokes on "twitter" today:

"Rolf's didgeridoo in A Minor..." is one of the printable ones
Reply 23
Nooooooo... My childhood :frown: ruined forever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Really hope he is acquitted. The whole wave of paedophilia paranoia has swept the nation up in a mob wanting to lynch anyone who shows the slightest sign of a creepy nature. I just don't want it to be true if Rolf is charged.
Reply 25
Aww not Rolf! :frown:
Reply 26
Please don't speculate without evidence about who is and isn't a paedophile - these posts have been removed.
Original post by miser
Please don't speculate without evidence about who is and isn't a paedophile - these posts have been removed.

Funny how you've left all the posts saying he's innocent, the police questioned him in November, gathered more evidence and arrested him in march, they have at least some sort of solid evidence against him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Imperial_Maniac
Funny how you've left all the posts saying he's innocent, the police questioned him in November, gathered more evidence and arrested him in march, they have at least some sort of solid evidence against him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, and he may well be guilty. You're welcome to discuss whether you think he's guilty or not (provided it is reasoned discussion) - the same as would be applicable for other charges. I removed primarily posts which were speculating about other celebrity figures. Hope that clears things up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Is there any evidance pointing to this involving children? Everyone is quick to jump to the conclusion that just because it's related to Saville that it must be children, but the vast majority of related allegations have involved adults, and often been more minor offenses (innapropriate behavior, touching etc, not actual rape).
Original post by fluttershy
Is there any evidance pointing to this involving children? Everyone is quick to jump to the conclusion that just because it's related to Saville that it must be children, but the vast majority of related allegations have involved adults, and often been more minor offenses (innapropriate behavior, touching etc, not actual rape).

I've not seen any news outlets reporting it as involving children. It's just "historical sexual offence allegations". Even with the Savile inquiry most of the victims were young adults and teenagers rather than little children (although obviously under the law they're still children, I think people often visualise paedophiles as going after little kids rather than teenagers).
Original post by edithwashere
I've not seen any news outlets reporting it as involving children. It's just "historical sexual offence allegations". Even with the Savile inquiry most of the victims were young adults and teenagers rather than little children (although obviously under the law they're still children, I think people often visualise paedophiles as going after little kids rather than teenagers).

Yeah... on the BBC news at 1 today they seemed to suggest (if not say...my memory is a little hazy) that it related to allegations made by a single female about Harris, but they weren't specific as to whether or not they were a child at the time, or if we're talking what might be considered a more serious offence (e.g. rape) - though that's not saying that inappropriate touching etc isn't serious...
Original post by TheHistoryStudent
Yeah... on the BBC news at 1 today they seemed to suggest (if not say...my memory is a little hazy) that it related to allegations made by a single female about Harris, but they weren't specific as to whether or not they were a child at the time, or if we're talking what might be considered a more serious offence (e.g. rape) - though that's not saying that inappropriate touching etc isn't serious...

Think that's about the same as what Sky reported too. At the end of the day they have to take these allegations really seriously, and it's a whole different type of investigation with historical abuse allegations, since there's no physical evidence. I'm sure we'll find out the whole story soon enough, the media loves this kind of thing.
Original post by scrotgrot

Filthy stuff

How so?
Reply 34
Original post by doggyfizzel
He's exactly like Jimmy Saville, you look at now and think he does look a bit iffy.

Nothing's been proven yet. Innocent until proven guilty and all that, don't you think?
Reply 35
'Sexual offences' does not necessarily mean acts of paedophilia! Although I am not condoning anything he did, we don't know the full allegations yet.
Can you tell what it is yet, sounds so sinister now
Original post by consumed by stuff
Can you tell what it is yet, sounds so sinister now

You could apply that to almost any catch phrase you can think of.
Original post by frankieboy
You could apply that to almost any catch phrase you can think of.

It's the way I tell them, doesn't work
Original post by consumed by stuff
It's the way I tell them, doesn't work

"Higher, lower" doe though. As well as "Brucey bonus".....:tongue:

Edit - * does. Sorry, keyboard's on it's way out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending