x Turn on thread page Beta

A question about some of the rules in medical school's watch

• View Poll Results: Is it possible to skip year on medical school
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    66.67%

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, i am interested about skipping years in medical school's.
    For ex. if you're a talented person, you work hard, and for this reason you know everything about (for ex. the third year) 3rd year ,but you are on the second, so it is possible, to go on the fourth year after taking all of the 3rd year exams and mastering them in a short period of time ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noli1)
    Hello there, i am interested about skipping years in medical school's.
    For ex. if you're a talented person, you work hard, and for this reason you know everything about (for ex. the third year) 3rd year ,but you are on the second, so it is possible, to go on the fourth year after taking all of the 3rd year exams and mastering them in a short period of time ?
    Third year is a clinical year i.e. made up of medical and surgical placements so you can't have prior knowledge/experience of it.

The short answer to your question is no. Even graduates on accelerated four year degrees don't "skip" years - years one and two of a standard degree are instead compressed into one year. But the same content is still covered, even if you already did bits of it in your previous degree.

A medical degree is a professional qualification: you can't skip bits of it no matter how "talented" you may be.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=38485266

This question was answered in your previous thread? Nothing has changed regarding skipping years since your thread in 2012

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Third year is a clinical year i.e. made up of medical and surgical placements so you can't have prior knowledge/experience of it.

The short answer to your question is no. Even graduates on accelerated four year degrees don't "skip" years - years one and two of a standard degree are instead compressed into one year. But the same content is still covered, even if you already did bits of it in your previous degree.

A medical degree is a professional qualification: you can't skip bits of it no matter how "talented" you may be.
    yep, i knew some about this,but, the clinical years are also made up with practice tests ,and if you are able to take all of them,then what happens ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheartat20)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=38485266

This question was answered in your previous thread? Nothing has changed regarding skipping years since your thread in 2012
    hehe, yeah, thats me, but in the first question i have given a relatively complicated text,but,just to say, my univeristy here doesnt have that Practice |clinical| that other universties do,its quite more theory , im not from germany, england, us, china..., im from a developing country, so the rules do change from yours,you know what i plan here, to SKIP those damn years here, get a scholarship(international) and start from the beginning again ,thats why i do like skipping them...

ReputationRep:
    Generally, you cannot study at one medical school - and then study at another. I would have presumed this also counts internationally presuming the uni in your country is GMC recgonised.

If your university is not GMC recgonised, your degree may not hold much weight anyway when your application is considered internationally (if you were to apply to start from the beginnning again).

Can someone else clarify that? I'm not entirely confident on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheartat20)
    Generally, you cannot study at one medical school - and then study at another. I would have presumed this also counts internationally presuming the uni in your country is GMC recgonised.

If your university is not GMC recgonised, your degree may not hold much weight anyway when your application is considered internationally (if you were to apply to start from the beginnning again).

Can someone else clarify that? I'm not entirely confident on it.
    how to check that the university if gmc recognized?, is there any webpage or what...
    and i mean , to re-register (start over ) from the first year again...
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Noli1)
    how to check that the university if gmc recognized?, is there any webpage or what...
    and i mean , to re-register (start over ) from the first year again...
    This describes what criteria a qualification must fill to be recognised by the GMC.

The Avicenna database is here.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.