Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Yes the doctors will help but I've been experiencing very small amounts of bright red blood on my toilet paper when passing stools. There's no pain or anything I'm just worried? Anyone know what I'm going through and yes I know about going doctors just want an opinion

ReputationRep:
    Possible varicose veins (hemmeroids)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haemorrhoids, commonly known as piles. Or Chalfont St Giles to those who speak in Cockney rhyming slang can cause fresh red blood on toilet paper. So can an anal fissure, which is like an internal cut. Stools irritate the fissure when being passed and hence the blood. Try increasing the amount of fibre in your diet, eat more fruit and veg and drink plenty of water. Do all that and still see blood in a week's time then go to the GP. Believe me, they've seen it all before.

ReputationRep:
    Sally Briscoe is spot on. I had piles last year, my own fault though to be fair, not enough fibre in my diet, and sitting on a cold floor causes it as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelticSymphony67)
    Sally Briscoe is spot on. I had piles last year, my own fault though to be fair, not enough fibre in my diet, and sitting on a cold floor causes it as well.
    Sitting on a cold floor doesn't cause piles, it's a myth. Poor diet and constipation does, as does things that increase the pressure in the veins around the anus such as obesity, pregnancy and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    Sitting on a cold floor doesn't cause piles, it's a myth. Poor diet and constipation does, as does things that increase the pressure in the veins around the anus such as obesity, pregnancy and so on.
    I got the cold floor thing from my chemist when I went in for some cream :eek:.

I occasionally get that, I just presummed it was by rubbing my arse too hard. Little worried now

ReputationRep:
    I had similar issue and went to see an urologist and he prescribed me some candles to put in there.. that wasn't a pleasant feeling but well.. But I still sometimes get a little bit of blood from down there.

The problem might be what you eat. Is your poo hard? If yes, that's might be the cause of tiny amounts of blood, so try having a glass of apple juice a day, eat few bananas..

ReputationRep:
    I've had the same problem for probably 7 or 8 years but I feel totally fine , never bothered wth a doctor and haven't died yet so you're probably good.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.