Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shy guy stopped replying to my texts out of nowhere... Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Can see this getting buried.. If you can paragraph and highlight the main points more people will read it.

ReputationRep:
    I got three lines in, couldn't be arsed reading the rest. Basically, call him or meet irl.

ReputationRep:
    I once acted like this to a girl and the reason why was because I Found someone else

Awful but it could be the reason why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutenesscollege)
    So i guess the summary of that is that this shy guy I really hit it off with and went on two dates with has suddenly out of nowhere ignored my texts. Even his friends said he really liked me and everything seemed to be going well. Really struggling with this, thought he would never do anything like this and that I finally found a good guy who liked me back...
    Stalk his Facebook, and his Twitter, and see if there's anyone else in his life. Or ask your friends to do a bit of spying for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutenesscollege)
    So I am in desperate need of help, so confused at the moment... This has really wrecked my trust in guys. I'll start from the very beginning, so I met this guy at a flat party about two months ago, we were flirting the whole night but nothing happened cause he was just too drunk. I thought about him for a few days afterwards and told my friend who is going out with his friend that we hit it off. Next time I saw him was about two weeks later, when my friend set us up by bringing us both to her flat after a night out. We got to talking and ended up making out, etc. but didn't sleep together. Next morning we were a bit awkward, we hugged and I left, I didn't really think we'd see each other again. Later my friend told me he regretted not asking for my phone number.
    Next time I saw him was again about two weeks later, at this same friend's place, where we were having pre with a big group of people before going on a night out. We were really awkward, both of us are very shy and we hardly looked at each other the whole time. Once we went to the club his friends kept telling me that he is really nervous, that he really likes me and they've never seen him like this before. They kept telling me to go up to him but I was too nervous. Finally after he got drunk enough he got the courage to approach me, and we ended up dancing and making out with each other. It was a great night, and at the end of the night I gave him my phone number and asked him to text me as I wanted to see him again when he was sober instead of just turning it into a meaningless one night stand.
    The next day he texted me. We texted everyday, he always takes pretty long to reply but his messages are long and very sweet. I invited him to a flat party at my place and he came even though he had to be at work at 6 the next morning. He stayed over that night and once again we did everything but have sex. Not because of me but because of him actually, he kept saying he was probably too drunk to have sex but was very keen on everything else... I'm thinking he might be quite inexperienced?
    We kept texting the following days. He asked me out and the following weekend we had our first date. It went well, even though he was really nervous and a bit awkward as he always is. We just had a small kiss at the end of the night. The next morning I went away for the weekend, texted him at point and freaked out when I got no reply, but after I got home I found out he just couldnt text abroad. He asked me out for a second date.
    The second date was even better than the first one, he complimented me a lot and we had a really good time. I was going home for almost three weeks the next morning, so he got my email address as he doesnt have facebook, and checked a few times to make sure he had it correct. He said stuff like we should do this and this when you come back, and when I kissed him goodbye he said he'd see me in three weeks. About half an hour later he even texted saying me he had a really good time that night and that he would miss me.
    When I was home I waited for an email from him for a week until finally I texted him, just casually saying whats up, haven't heard from you in a while. He replied with a long email. Like I said, he's really shy and I think he might have been nervous to message me first? Maybe he didn't know what to say. Anyways we emailed each other for a while, with long emails and everything was good, until a week before I was meant to come back, he didn't reply to one of my emails. I was a bit nervous about that but I always overthink everything, and I wasn't really asking him anything special in the email, so I just let it go. Once I got back I texted him a really cute message letting him know I was back in town and that hopefully he didn't miss me too much... and got no reply. Later that night I sent him another message asking if something was wrong, but again got no reply. This was now two days ago.
    I can't even tell you how upset and how shocked I am, this guy seemed genuinely really into me, even his friends said he was. I know he's very shy and gets very nervous around me, but surely he can reply to a message. Everything was going really well, could he seriously have changed his mind about me just like that? All of my friends are saying there must be something else behind this, but I don't want to be creepy and keep messaging him if he's not replying. I'm also wondering if maybe he didn't realize how much I liked him and gave up on me? I'm really shy and can come accross cold even though I'm not at all, I just struggle to show someone I like them because I'm scared of rejection, just like him. I'm honestly so confused and don't know what to do, please help! Thanks anyone who actually read this whole thing
    1) Don't say things like "This has really wrecked my trust in guys." -_-
    2) Lol at "I texted him a really cute message".
    3) His phone could be not working properly or many more reasons for him not replying. Just ask to see him, if he keeps avoiding meeting up with you despite you being flexible, you know he's probably not interested anymore. If he meets up with you he at the very least is still interested.

ReputationRep:
    It seems he needs drink to talk to you otherwise he's not interested. That's the impression I got in your wall of text anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelj)
    It seems he needs drink to talk to you otherwise he's not interested. That's the impression I got in your wall of text anyway.
    It could be that but I doubt he would go on two dates then? And text stuff like he "missed her"?
    But even then it could just be he needs alcohol for confidence if he really is that shy.

ReputationRep:
    Check if the emails have been read or not. If he hasn't even read them then something has likely happened i.e. been very busy or if he has read them, but not replied there's some kinda problem. If he's as shy as you say he is, then I doubt he's found someone else

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.