Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What is the accommodation like at Warwick?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Study Helper
    (Original post by JusticeLeague)
    What is the accommodation like at Warwick?
    All of the information you'll ever need... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=338591

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to keep switching your accommodation after every holiday or you just stick to one...I've heard that you have to empty out everything each time and then apply again! Is it like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shriya41690)
    Do you have to keep switching your accommodation after every holiday or you just stick to one...I've heard that you have to empty out everything each time and then apply again! Is it like that?
    For some of the on-campus accommodations you would need to clear out your stuff during the Christmas and Easter holidays but you would return to the same room afterwards. There will also be limited storage space to keep some of your items during these periods. In other on campus rooms you can keep your stuff how it is during Christmas and Easter.

After your first year you would no longer be eligible for on campus accommodation so you would need to move to a house off campus. In all of these that I am aware of, you can store your stuff there during the holidays.

It is possible to remain in the same house for the final year but this would be with the agreement of the other housemates. If some of you are graduating then you would need to either find a replacement tenant or form a new group. Another option is to apply for on campus accommodation but only those randomly selected would get it.

It is possible to avoid moving house each year. This would be by living off campus in the first year then staying there for the rest of the course. However I would not recommend this because you would miss out on the amazing experience of living in halls. Although applications and moving can be stressful sometimes, it is manageable and there won't be as much stuff to sort out compared to a whole family moving since there's only one of you and you wouldn't need to move any furniture. If it's not practical to get a car over to transport things, there are storage companies that can take away and deliver your items.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help!

ReputationRep:
    One more thing...which on campus accomodation would you suggest? Not too expensive though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shriya41690)
    One more thing...which on campus accomodation would you suggest? Not too expensive though!
    There are plenty of halls, each with their advantages and disadvantages. Have a look at the first few posts of http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=338591 for various reviews of them. I was in Westwood in my first year and it was great.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.