Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Characteristics of an oriental girlfriend/ wife Watch

What is it about oriental womens personalities that is so attractive to men?

Do they give them the distance and space a guy needs?

I have been told its something to do with their culture...

(Original post by Dale Winton)
    slutty
    Lol ok, other than being "slutty"...?

ReputationRep:
    :lol:

Maybe men believe they'll be more subservient? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot of them come across as cute, feminine and shy. I haven't really known any, so I don't know how true that is.

(Original post by eliza.anne)
    :lol:

Maybe men believe they'll be more subservient? :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm... Do men not like women with opinions then? I can see the initial attraction of subservience but I always believed that would get boring

ReputationRep:
    Absolute *****es, but think they're one of heaven's angels.

But I suppose that applies to most women.

I was recently told by a guy that oriental women don't let a guy know when he is wrong. I was wondering how they work around this, how they get ultimately get what they want...

ReputationRep:
    Something to do with table tennis balls.

ReputationRep:
    There is so much wrong with this thread i wouldn't know where to start.

(Original post by Trigger)
    There is so much wrong with this thread i wouldn't know where to start.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why?
    Oriental is not term that is used these days, trying to pigeon hole an entire race of people due to where they are from and their gender, only thinking of them as wife/sex material, i could go on...

ReputationRep:
    Oriental lady's are mysterious

Name:  greenlady.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  171.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    because there well mannered?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, racial stereotypes AND evaluating women only in terms of their ability to be a "good" sexual partner. A+ great thread.

As for the original question, no ethnicity has a homogenous personality, that's insane. East Asian women do not all have similar personalities, so making statements about them being "well mannered" or "mysterious" or "slutty" (congratulations, casual racism and sexism in two syllables, you win the "concise bigot" award) is...wrong. And even if all East Asian women DID have similar personalities - and we've already established that they don't - then different people find different personality traits attractive; "men" are not one homogenous mass either, and broad statements about what men do/don't like are misguided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildbluesun)
    Wow, racial stereotypes AND evaluating women only in terms of their ability to be a "good" sexual partner. A+ great thread.

As for the original question, no ethnicity has a homogenous personality, that's insane. East Asian women do not all have similar personalities, so making statements about them being "well mannered" or "mysterious" or "slutty" (congratulations, casual racism and sexism in two syllables, you win the "concise bigot" award) is...wrong. And even if all East Asian women DID have similar personalities - and we've already established that they don't - then different people find different personality traits attractive; "men" are not one homogenous mass either, and broad statements about what men do/don't like are misguided.
    no, east asian women do kinda have the same similarieties.....there well mannered, mysterious, well spoken, well behaved and are usually cuter looking..

ReputationRep:
    There's so much casual racism on this thread I don't even know where to begin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    What is it about oriental womens personalities that is so attractive to men?

Do they give them the distance and space a guy needs?

I have been told its something to do with their culture...
    I don't know. My boyfriend doesn't judge my characteristics because I'm Asian.
    Its racist in a way, but it may also be preference. Its very subjective, and you can't just ask anyone.

As for the original question, no ethnicity has a homogenous personality, that's insane.
    I approve of this :fluffy:

ReputationRep:

i tried to neg you in an inscrutable way but failed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    no, east asian women do kinda have the same similarieties.....there well mannered, mysterious, well spoken, well behaved and are usually cuter looking..
    That's all completely subjective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    i tried to neg you in an inscrutable way but failed
    You tried to neg me? Oh no! The shame! What if my parents find out? How will I tell my future children? Tonight, I leave, to start my life anew without this burden of guilt.

...I don't care.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.