Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have to accept one of these offers:

MSc Organisational psychology at Manchester

OR

MSc Occupational psychology at Sheffield

Both are the same course, but Sheffield is better for the course. However, I will be living in Manchester so will have to commute so the course at Manchester makes more sense. Manchester is also cheaper. Can't decide!

Thoughts? Advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beatrice91)
    I have to accept one of these offers:

MSc Organisational psychology at Manchester

OR

MSc Occupational psychology at Sheffield

Both are the same course, but Sheffield is better for the course. However, I will be living in Manchester so will have to commute so the course at Manchester makes more sense. Manchester is also cheaper. Can't decide!

Thoughts? Advice?
    Based on the way it's worded here it sounds to me like you already know that you'll end up in Manchester so just go for it

ReputationRep:
    Go for the better course and commute. My Masters commute was an hour and a half each way (on a good day) and I managed it with a good result at the end.

The "right" course is worth travelling for. Don't settle for second best because you don't like the idea of commuting. It's only for a year, which will go by so fast with a Masters, that your head will spin.

If you can't afford the commute of course, that's a different matter.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the insight! Think I will go with Sheffield. I get more of a 'yey!' feeling with the course at Sheffield than Manchester. Also I have looked at the commute and it's not too much for only 3 days a week. I might even be able to just move to Sheffield but that's a whole different story. I'm so indecisive as it is so at least I have finally made the decision- so thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Glad to have helped! Good luck with your course - a gut feel is usually a good guide

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.