Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I stop myself from falling asleep without brushing my teeth? Watch

ReputationRep:
    For the past few weeks, I have been falling asleep on my bed fully clothed without brushing my teeth. I wake up and feel so guilty that I haven't brushed my teeth. In the morning I will then spend about 30 minutes brushing, flossing and using mouthwash to make up for it.

It is beginning to happen about 4 days a week which is unacceptable. Its just that at night I cannot motivate myself to go downstairs to get ready for bed or I will convince myself that I will only shut my eyes for 2 or 3 minutes and then go down.

Any ideas of ways to combat this?

ReputationRep:
    Brush your teeth way before you're tired. Like a little bit after dinner.

ReputationRep:
    Brush straight after you eat. Might be a bit early if you tend to snack in the evening but it may help you if you are worried about it. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Get your own toothbrush?

You need a routine. Brush your teeth at 9:00pm or something every night. There is no reason why you can't brush them and stay awake for a bit. You could also get ready for bed early and just stay up until you need a nap, then go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    You're damaging your teeth even more by brushing them for 30 minutes than by forgetting to brush them at night!
    Don't worry about it OP, if you forget you forget, just make sure you brush for at least two minutes the next morning.
    And stop going overboard with the brushing, its very damaging!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, does it matter? I brush every morning and my teeth are fine, nor does my breath smell. Is it personal preference or something you feel you HAVE to do?

ReputationRep:
    Do so after dinner. Also stops you from eating too much desert.

ReputationRep:
    Ew, surprised that everyone's saying it doesn't matter! You definitely need to brush them more than once. Mostly it's quite disgusting to think you're letting bits of food from your dinner/even lunch sit in the crevices of your teeth and they will rot. It is disgusting I'm afraid. I ALWAYS make sure I brush twice a day, plus floss/mouthwash. 20 years old and never had a filling. Just tell yourself you HAVE to do it, do it every night until it's a routine and just something you DO rather than something you have to even think about doing!!

As if this got negged. Sorry but if you don't brush your teeth twice a day that's just disgusting. Clearly negged by someone dirty.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.