Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I have a question for you lot, I have recently passed my driving test and got myself a car, but when I give my mates a lift and drive to the driving standard they call my driving rubbish (I have improved since I did the test as well).

I think it defies the whole point of learning how to drive to a test standard to throw it out the window and drive like you want too once you pass. I obey all the rules of the road and get moaned at for doing so, like doing 30 in a 30 zone, 50 in a 50, ect.

Anyone else's mates like this?

Thanks

James

ReputationRep:
    Luckily, no, my mates are mature. Just ignore them mate, if you're driving safely then that's all that matters. Sounds like you're more likely to pass a driving test than any of them, therefore your driving is technically better.

ReputationRep:
    Driving lessons teach you how to pass a test.
    Driving on the road on your own teaches you how to drive.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't drive them if they did that. I haven't driven anyone other than my boyfriend and my parents yet. My friends did comment that they hope I'm not a "granny driver" which I can only assume means that I don't drive too slow. I told them that I stick to the speed limit and if they don't like it then they can go away. Lol.

Just don't give in to the peer pressure, OP!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Then tell them once they've passed their test and got their own car and paying for their insurance then they're free to drive however they like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Traynor1987)
    Hey,

I have a question for you lot, I have recently passed my driving test and got myself a car, but when I give my mates a lift and drive to the driving standard they call my driving rubbish (I have improved since I did the test as well).

I think it defies the whole point of learning how to drive to a test standard to throw it out the window and drive like you want too once you pass. I obey all the rules of the road and get moaned at for doing so, like doing 30 in a 30 zone, 50 in a 50, ect.

Anyone else's mates like this?

Thanks

James
    When you're driving, tell them, in a jokey tone, that if they'd rather you didn't take them places you don't have to. Might make them realise it's better than walking!

ReputationRep:
    Yea, was thinking of just pulling over and saying to them, there's the door, either shut up and let me drive or walk if you want too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Be grateful you're not being quoted in excess of £12,000 for insurance.

That's on a 1 litre Citroen C1 with my Dad, who has 12+ years of NCD as the main driver and myself as a named.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.