Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i left the promod scene around 4-5 months ago due to esl and cybergamer removing ladders and leagues. I ended up switching to LoL.

I found a few days ago that the ladders and leagues had been put back up. Now whats on my mind at the moment is whether i should go back to competetive Promod or keep playing league? Both are time consuming when trying go pro so its only one or the other

Pros and cons are pretty much equal for both games, so what do?
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    LoL is going to be around longer than promod, and there's a bigger competitive community around it. I'd say just go for the one you enjoy most, and that you'd be better asking on a competitive gaming forum - we don't have all that many competition players on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    LoL is going to be around longer than promod, and there's a bigger competitive community around it. I'd say just go for the one you enjoy most, and that you'd be better asking on a competitive gaming forum - we don't have all that many competition players on TSR.
    True, LoL will be on top for years yet. I've already posted on the forums i use but of course its all biased towards promod :')

Ah thats a shame, i guess its expected though

ReputationRep:
    The impression I get from occasional reading of tek-9 is that cod4 is nothing but random nobodies and hasn't had a decent competition in ages. I would have thought lol has a much bigger competitive future (or try dota, even better ).
    Oh and also the cod4 community seems terrible these days, compared to what I remember.
    Heck, this brings me back though, remember the good times when cod2/cod4 were in their heyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illusionz)
    The impression I get from occasional reading of tek-9 is that cod4 is nothing but random nobodies and hasn't had a decent competition in ages. I would have thought lol has a much bigger competitive future (or try dota, even better ).
    Oh and also the cod4 community seems terrible these days, compared to what I remember.
    Heck, this brings me back though, remember the good times when cod2/cod4 were in their heyday.
    You are right the game has degraded alot sadly, and so has the community. I guess im just hoping for some mind blowing nostaglia :3

Its not even at insomnia fest anymore

By the way, illusionz as in illusionz that used to play for infinity gaming? c:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vladimir Putin)
    You are right the game has degraded alot sadly, and so has the community. I guess im just hoping for some mind blowing nostaglia :3

Its not even at insomnia fest anymore

By they way, illusionz as in illusionz that used to play for infinity gaming? c:
    Nope, it's a fairly generic name I chose when my old account got banned seems the mods here didn't like the old gotfrag style of debate.

I was never that known in cod4 really, was in team uk for cod2 ctf but thats pretty much my only claim to fame haha

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it's a fairly generic name I chose when my old account got banned seems the mods here didn't like the old gotfrag style of debate.

I was never that known in cod4 really, was in team uk for cod2 ctf but thats pretty much my only claim to fame haha
    Ah thats no good, i was excited for a moment there

I only played cod 2 for a while, then went back to 1.6 then promod in 2010.

To be honest my team never won anything at lan or won any night cups.

I played a mix with Stevy once though

ReputationRep:
    LoL community is scumbag but get LoL anyway, just play with people on TSR

ReputationRep:
    Depends what your goals are, to just become a professional I'd say it would definitely be easier in CoD than LoL, but if you want to actually make a living off of this, then I don't see much money in CoD4 at all.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thats no good, i was excited for a moment there

I only played cod 2 for a while, then went back to 1.6 then promod in 2010.

To be honest my team never won anything at lan or won any night cups.

I played a mix with Stevy once though
    Fair enough, I stopped playing around 2010. and haha about stevy, don't know if there's ever been a cod4 player with more fanboys.

I gotta ask, does ono still play? I remember absolutely beasting him in pickups back in the day, and yet I hear he's been in some pretty good teams since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supertoaster)
    Depends what your goals are, to just become a professional I'd say it would definitely be easier in CoD than LoL, but if you want to actually make a living off of this, then I don't see much money in CoD4 at all.
    Im not in it for the money, It just that playing competetive gives you rush like nothing ive ever encountered before. So much pressure its insane, and i love it.

It would be hard to get better at league, im an fps gamer at heart after all.

If i had the time i suppose i could order a crate of dew and get on it.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I stopped playing around 2010. and haha about stevy, don't know if there's ever been a cod4 player with more fanboys.

I gotta ask, does ono still play? I remember absolutely beasting him in pickups back in the day, and yet I hear he's been in some pretty good teams since.
    Yeah ono went massive just after i left, he was with diginitas or TCM l think.

I remember coming up watching his frag movies, and ofc the mazadox movies. still wish i could have played the two of them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ono went massive just after i left, he was with diginitas or TCM l think.

I remember coming up watching his frag movies, and ofc the mazadox movies. still wish i could have played the two of them.
    haha yeh paradox, what a ******* he was.

ReputationRep:
    haha yeh paradox, what a ******* he was.
    Weird looking face

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.