Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have a big belly, and now I have decided to take action.

I have completely eliminated soft drinks and snacks from my diet.

I try and limit what I eat.

Any advice on losing the belly?

ReputationRep:
    Stick roughly to a meal plan and try to be concious about how much you are eating. The simplest way that I find to do this is to stick most days to having the same number of meals and by having the same type of thing for most of those meals. So I have probably less than 10 meals that I consistently eat day in day out and I have learnt what an appropriate portion size is just by being consistent. It just takes a couple of weeks trial and error.

That isn't to say that you shouldn't sometimes go out and have a pint or eat a meal out for social reasons - it just means stick to an easy and workable diet for 80-90% of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Try and do some exercise to go with the dieting. Even a brisk half an hour walk once a day should get your heart rate up and help you burn calories. Drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruit. Make sure you don't skip breakfast - even if you just grab an apple or banana on your way out like I do!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.