Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I make connect again after nearly a year since we broke up and I've moved on. Watch

Last year in May my Ex dumped me(year and a half) for been too arguementive when she went to Germany for the year, it was the final string in her books, I spent months getting over her and had a "crazy period" of sleeping with anyone. Finally around November/October my current girlfriend came into my life who is amazing and everything I ever wanted, we have so much in common and never seen to have problems. I know I shouldn't compare relationships but feel this one is the best one I've ever had and don't see things ending soon.

But recently I've been starting to have odd dreams with my ex involved, I think it's because I've been watching large amounts of how I met your mother and it seems to concentrate on look back at previous ex's when in another relationship.

I pretty much went no contact with my ex shortly afterwards and haven't spoken since last May/June. I have heard from a mutual friend that she has seen me on campus and asked questions, but I haven't seen her, I did worry how I would react if I did see her though, but don't now.

My question is, is should I make contact, as I have an annoying feeling saying I should.. maybe it's to check up on that I know that she's not right for me, or what.

ReputationRep:
    You certainly can if you want to, but I'd advise against it. I have found that sometimes exes come into my head when I'm in a relationship... And then they go out again a little while later. So I think you should just wait for a few weeks and see what happens. You might forget all about her again.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    No, no and no.
    If you're really happy in your current relationship then why ruin it by trying to see if there is anything left with your ex?

You said it yourself, she broke up with you because of arguments. You've found a woman whos perfect for you, how do you think she'd feel if you met up with your ex? She'd most likely end it, is that what you want?

Take my advice: an ex is an ex for a reason, don't go back there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    No, no and no.
    If you're really happy in your current relationship then why ruin it by trying to see if there is anything left with your ex?

You said it yourself, she broke up with you because of arguments. You've found a woman whos perfect for you, how do you think she'd feel if you met up with your ex? She'd most likely end it, is that what you want?

Yes, yes and yes! Couldn't have put it better myself.

Are you a man or a mongoose?

ReputationRep:
    Well, you don't have to be rude and ignore her, but I'd strongly advise anything more than pleasantries if you do bump into each other. It's natural to be curious about how she's doing and all - you were a big part of each other's life for a long time, after all - but don't mistake nostalgia for deep-rooted secret feelings for her. "The path not taken" was "not taken" for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    No, no and no.

Definitely this.

There's no point getting back in contact, you didn't work out and it'll make your current girlfriend upset/feel bad if she found out.

Why would you risk the relationship that you describe as the best one you've ever had for the sake of someone it didn't work out with?

ReputationRep:
    since you don't seem to have a reason to get back in touch other than a tv show told you to probably not. What would be the point?
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    To be honest as others said there is little point getting in touch, especially if you are happy with your new girl and the last relationship was full of arguments anyway.

ReputationRep:
    NO! OP no, if you do, then, we are going to have to stop you.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    No, you really have no reason to. It will probably upset your current girlfriend as well.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.