The Student Room Group

College Please Help!

Hey kids,

Im an American student who just got accepted to Oxford. I got accepted into Lady Margaret Hall for two spring terms. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this college, if it has a good reputation, if its good academically, if people are friendly, that kind of thing. I dont really know anything about any of the colleges becasue obviously we dont hear too much about it over in the states. If any of you can give me some help, I'd realyl appreciate it! thanks!
Reply 1
YankeeYoYo
Hey kids,

Im an American student who just got accepted to Oxford. I got accepted into Lady Margaret Hall for two spring terms. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this college, if it has a good reputation, if its good academically, if people are friendly, that kind of thing. I dont really know anything about any of the colleges becasue obviously we dont hear too much about it over in the states. If any of you can give me some help, I'd realyl appreciate it! thanks!

Well, LMH is quite pretty and it has really nice grounds and gardens. It's a former ladies' college but it's now completely co-educational, and it does have a reputation for being quite friendly. It's quite a mistake to ask whether a college is 'academic' or not; all colleges are academic and each is academically successful. It's up in north Oxford which is quite a nice area to be in, but it is set a little way out of the city centre so I would definitely advise buying a bicycle.

Hope that helps.
Hi YankeeYoYo - it's funny, just a minute ago i posted about being an american wanting to go to oxford, and then i see your post - not another yankee invasion lol.

What're you studying? you're really lucky to have made it - i want to study PPE at Balliol really badly but god knows its near-impossible. Also, if you wouldn't mind, I'd love to hear your stats and interview experiences (did you fly in to the UK or interview here? - i want to fly in but is it ridiculous considering i live in nyc and they have interviews there too? where do you live?). Any info appreciated!

Thanks!

Brittany
Reply 3
Thanks for your responses guys, I know that all colleges at Oxford are good academically, I just had heard some things about LMH, and I wanted to make sure that it wasnt looked down on as far as Oxford colleges go or anything, or that maybe it was considered less hard to get into. I just dont want to make any mistakes in accepting any offers :smile: thanks for your help. I didnt have an interview, I applied through a study abroad program, since I am only going for half a year. SO I didnt have to interview or any of that, sorry I couldnt be more help!

Latest

Trending

Trending