Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

RIBA Employment Part 1 watch

• View Poll Results: Have you been able to find a RIBA part 1 placement?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No, not yet
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how it is going for people looking for RIBA part 1 work placements, looked on Building Design website but does'nt seem to be much around, would be interested to hear how people are finding it out there. It looks pretty tough.

ReputationRep:
    It is tough, your best bet is to spam inboxes with a small portfolio, ask your university faculty if they have any contacts, ask your tutors if they have any contacts from industry, or go abroad

Having said that, I've found two six-month placements now before I've graduated (quirky course structure), and had a job offer from my tutor as well. There is stuff out there, you just need to look absolutely everywhere.

edit: Outside of London most cities will have one or two 'king' architecture firms which tend towards being construction consultants than design practices (ie design is more a product contrained by cost rather than creating an atmosphere or an ideaology). Chances are that they'll have the majority of work in the area, and would be more likely to hire.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.