Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, exams are coming (only 3 weeks left!). Our coordinator says they are already in the headteacher's office waiting for May 8. I though we could speculate a little bit - what are your dream topics for P1, P2 and P3?

ReputationRep:
    P1:

Treaty of Versailles

Know it back to front, through and through.

P2:

1.) Weimar Republic/Hitler's rise

2.) Early Cold War (anything from Tehran (1943) to 1951)

P3:

1.) Alexander II & III

2.) Mussolini's rise

3.) Anything that doesn't involve Bismarck

I've yet to go through the process of really digging through the History course since my mocks, as I've been concentrating on Higher Maths. But if any of these come up, I'm set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lemollient_naw)
    P1:

Treaty of Versailles

Know it back to front, through and through.

P2:

1.) Weimar Republic/Hitler's rise

2.) Early Cold War (anything from Tehran (1943) to 1951)

P3:

1.) Alexander II & III

2.) Mussolini's rise

3.) Anything that doesn't involve Bismarck

I've yet to go through the process of really digging through the History course since my mocks, as I've been concentrating on Higher Maths. But if any of these come up, I'm set.
    For P1 and P2 - same here, although I wouldn't mind some comparatory question in Single Party States section in Paper 2 - e.g. comparing rise to power of two dictators from two regions or right wing and left wing - then I'd go for Castro and Hitler.

Paper 3 - Mussolini is great, Alexander II is great, but Ataturk would be even better

BTW, basing on past papers there are always topics on origins of the Cold War, so we're safe then :> Also, Maths HL and History HL? How do you even manage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krynicki)
    For P1 and P2 - same here, although I wouldn't mind some comparatory question in Single Party States section in Paper 2 - e.g. comparing rise to power of two dictators from two regions or right wing and left wing - then I'd go for Castro and Hitler.

Paper 3 - Mussolini is great, Alexander II is great, but Ataturk would be even better

BTW, basing on past papers there are always topics on origins of the Cold War, so we're safe then :> Also, Maths HL and History HL? How do you even manage?
    It's a bit insane. I've barely done any History for a good long while, which means I'll have to sit down and swot up like a mother. I used the same strategy for my mocks, and managed a 7 (so I'm banking on a really good short-term memory). As for Maths, I needed to sort out a lot of concepts in my head. I think I'm set for Maths now, so it's largely a matter of finding the motivation to sit down for hours on end going over the History course.

BUT I'M ALL RIGHT.

After the second week of exams, I only have SL Chem, French and the Maths option paper, so everything really cools down.

The only problem with Maths is that you've never done enough, so whenever I want to sit down and do some History or Economics or English, I end up doing a Maths past paper. So I've done a tonne of maths, but very little of anything else.

Sorry for regaling you with my whole life's story. I hope revision's going splendidly for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.