Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

Official Rep
    (Original post by nfzs)

I was wondering.. How does this placement year work? Can we apply to any companies? UK & abroad?

Also, I've heard of students from other universities doing half their placement year in UK and half of it abroad. Is this possible in University of Bath?
    Hi there

There is lots of support provided by the Department to help you find the right placement for you. There is a dedicated Placements Team, who will support and guide you through the recruitment process, developing your skills for applications, interviews and organising employer-led workshops. They have a large database of placements and advertise of huge number of vacancies to their students.

Bath Mathematical Science students have undertaken placements in a wide range of industries, which include: banking, civil service, financial services, consulting, retail and computing.

Some of our placement employers have included:

• BAE Systems
    • Department of Health
    • GlaxoSmithKline
    • Ernst & Young
    • Lloyds Banking Group
    • National Air Traffic Systems
    • The Welsh Government
    • The AA
    • Morgan Stanley
    • Goldman Sachs

Most of the advertised placements are in the UK, although there are occasionally opportunities to apply for an overseas placement.

You are welcome to set up your own placement if you wish to do so, but this would need to be done in collaboration with the Placements Team, to ensure that the placement offers you the quality of experience that we would want you to have.

For this degree programme, you wouldn't be able to do half the placement in the UK, half overseas as the requirement is for you to do 48 weeks in the same company.

During the placement you will also have regular contact with the Placements Team, a Placements Tutor and a workplace supervisor, as well as a visit from a member of staff, in most cases.

Hope that this helps to answer your queries. If you would like any more information, just quote me and I'll get back to you.

I used to contact you in one thread of "UCAS application" section and send you a message regarding my query but you didn't reply. Would you mind helping me ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.