Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am meant to be sitting S3 but it clashes with one of my other exams. Would this module combination still get me the A2 in further mathematics.

S1,S2,S4,FP1,FP2,FP3,D1
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    No - you can't do S4 without having done S3. If two exams clash you can sit one after the other - speak to the exam officer at your assessment centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    No - you can't do S4 without having done S3. If two exams clash you can sit one after the other - speak to the exam officer at your assessment centre.
    But I'll have to know the content for S3 anyway I just can't sit that exam...

ReputationRep:
    why are u doing 8 exams?

ReputationRep:
    and why can't you do it afterwards? I've had clashes before, you just do two exams in a row. It's annoying, but possible

ReputationRep:
    Just do the two in a row

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Music99)
    I am meant to be sitting S3 but it clashes with one of my other exams. Would this module combination still get me the A2 in further mathematics.

S1,S2,S4,FP1,FP2,FP3,D1
    An a level in further mathematics requires 6 modules, you are planning to do 2 more than needed, either drop two or take on an extra and get the add. Further maths AS too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joshmeid)
    An a level in further mathematics requires 6 modules, you are planning to do 2 more than needed, either drop two or take on an extra and get the add. Further maths AS too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm retaking S1 for my A level mathematics exam.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    But I'll have to know the content for S3 anyway I just can't sit that exam...
    That doesn't matter - you have to move up the rung in order. So in order to do M2 you must have done M1 and equally to do S4 you must have done S3.

ReputationRep:

S1,S2,S4,FP1,FP2,FP3,D1
    Why can't you just sit one after the other? Ask your exams officer....

ReputationRep:
    Whilst modules generally build on each other making it difficult to study one unless you've done the ones before, you can cash in a Further Maths A level with the combination of units that you plan to take.

ReputationRep:
    My C1 and FP1 clash as well, so I'm going to have to sit them both one after another. Same with M1 and M2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    My C1 and FP1 clash as well, so I'm going to have to sit them both one after another. Same with M1 and M2.
    At least they are similar haha, C1 and FP1 overlap a bit and so do M1 and M2 for me however may 24th is judgement day, C2 and S2 clash what is life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    At least they are similar haha, C1 and FP1 overlap a bit and so do M1 and M2 for me however may 24th is judgement day, C2 and S2 clash what is life
    I'm sure you're gonna be just fine Believe in yourself! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    I'm sure you're gonna be just fine Believe in yourself! Best of luck
    Yeah you too! thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Whilst modules generally build on each other making it difficult to study one unless you've done the ones before, you can cash in a Further Maths A level with the combination of units that you plan to take.
    Thank you! Basically I know S3 already it's just I'm at university and the date of S3 clashes with one of my university exams so I had to change it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.