Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What colour should my new Wheels be? [POLL] Watch

• View Poll Results: What Colour Should My New Wheels Be?
    White
    21.74%
    Grey
    15.22%
    Silver
    10.87%
    Blue
    10.87%
    Cyan
    6.52%
    Green
    10.87%
    Yellow
    8.70%
    Orange
    13.04%
    Red
    6.52%
    Purple
    23.91%
    Pink
    15.22%
    Black
    36.96%
    Gold
    8.70%

ReputationRep:
    So basically because of the poor winter weather and all the salt on the roads I need to refurb my alloys in a new colour! I started photo-shopping them to grey and found it actually didn't look horrible in other colours!

This is where you guys come in! What colour should they be?

They're currently white and I was thinking anthracite (Grey)? Here are a few guidance pictures!

Note that I couldn't do realistic rendering of gold, black or silver so they're not here but they're still on the poll! Also note that the shades could vary massvely, e.g. the green doesn't even look green!

Currently (White):

Anthracite (Grey):

Blue:

Cyan:

Green:

Yellow:

Orange:

Red:

Purple:

Pink:

Thanks for filtering through this!

ReputationRep:
    Save the money and buy a better car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anthony.BF)
    Save the money and buy a better car.
    Thanks for the advice, please troll somewhere else. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I vote grey, but not too grey.

Go for the OEM+ look, it will look really good then IMO

ReputationRep:
    I would go for the purple one's for the type of car, I think that the purple one's would look the better out of them all and not many cars have purple rims etc. A black and purple car looks good

ReputationRep:
    All of them look very good!

ReputationRep:
    what about black?

I like black with black.

Unless you're going for a full accented scheme, colours don't really work and grey/anthracite just looks like dirt next to clean black paint imo.

It might just be the perspective but it looks like you could do with some bigger wheels. They look a little lost, especially at the rear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    I like black with black.

Unless you're going for a full accented scheme, colours don't really work and grey/anthracite just looks like dirt next to clean black paint imo.

It might just be the perspective but it looks like you could do with some bigger wheels. They look a little lost, especially at the rear.
    Thanks, I do have a set of 16s that I could refurb and then put on but I'll need a new set of tyres for these to fit, but your point is one that has crossed my mind many times before! This is currently my winter set.

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking the purple tbh...reminds me of Saints Row.

ReputationRep:
    Black on black rarely works in my opinion, especially on standard cars.

I voted OEM silver, however chrome gold could work in a sort of so-bad-its-good kind of way.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like the purple and the green. I don't like the anthracite at all.

ReputationRep:
    The grey ones look nice, the others look a bit tatty...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the white ones you have look nice (can't vote on the poll, on a phone:P)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared that there are so many people that are tasteless enough to choose something else than white or grey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JerzyDudek)
    I'm scared that there are so many people that are tasteless enough to choose something else than white or grey.
    I wouldn't have it on my own car, but the OP seems open to a bright colour so I said which I preferred.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Chrome would look sick... but if I had to pick from this list, white.

ReputationRep:
    change the numberplates, they look ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JerzyDudek)
    Red wheels are cool?

ReputationRep:
    If you're going with a lairy colour, I'd change the colour of the badge in the grille to match ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.