Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete please

My boyfriend is the first guy ive slept with and at first I really enjoyed it we had a very good sex life he was a very caring lover. HOwever the past few months this has all changed he doesnt seem to feel the need to 'woo' me or impress me he just expects sex.

He use to intiate by kissing me etc etc and spend ages sort of kissing and hugging me now he literally just says lets have sex. It is also always about him He'll lie there and not do anything and if I dont do anything he moans that I clearly dont find him attractive, he expects me to do things to him but he does nothing what so ever to me, even when i ask he doesnt do anything and then just tells me he will next time but he never does. He then literally climbs on top of me does the deed, roles of sits on his phone then tells me I have to go so he can go out.

I get no pleasure from sex any longer I just lie there waiing for him to finsih, I get no pleasure if anything it hurts alot as im clearly bone dry from no touching so it doesnt exactly 'fit' very well. Its the same position the same time, all about him and I no longer enjoy it.

I use to love it and would always be initiating but now i just feel like I could just be anybody he wouldnt care. Its the same time every time I see him 9:30 pm every friday or wedneday. Whenever I ask to do something different he says no his parents may hear.

I just feel really depressed and its causing me to resent him I dont feel attractive or loved at all I feel more and more self conscince and wonder if there is something wrong with me. As talking has made no difference is there anything I could do to relight our sex life?

ReputationRep:
    You obviously love him, and don't want to leave him, so the best thing to do is get another man on the side.

Or just tell him straight up, things have got boring. We men have a huge ego when it comes to sex. We like to believe we're one of the best at it, if not the best you've ever had. Since he's the only one you've been with - this applies - BUT let him know, straight up and at first he will respond angry - that's natural cause he's ego has been shattered. But after a while, he'll calm and rationalise, and consider doing more things.

Literally just say, sex with you has gotten boring, might even lead to angry then and there.

ReputationRep:
    Break up with him - you deserve so much better.

ReputationRep:
    Communicate. Tell him things have gotten boring, give him specific pointers. It might be he's simply become complacent.

If that doesn't work after a while, dumb him.

ReputationRep:
    Selfish git.

Sit him down properly and have a good long talk about it, and tell him how you're feeling once and for all and tell him to stop being selfish.

If that still doesn't work, hold up his right hand and introduce him to his new girlfriend. He doesn't deserve a partner if it's all about him.

ReputationRep:
    I think that talking may not help, but you can definitely try! You seem very much down and unhappy and when that's the case, then it means that you've had enough and you need either a break, or just go your own way. It's not that scary as a single Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Communicate these thoughts with him. If he has become complacent then a shake up and a slight hurt of his feelings may be what's needed to keep it interesting. Talk about fantasies etc...

Girls if they play the sexual lead can make a guy do pretty much anything so bear that in mind.

If he is adamant after a while that he still won't do anything then leave him and don't cheat. Sooner or later that **** will come out and just be bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete please

My boyfriend is the first guy ive slept with and at first I really enjoyed it we had a very good sex life he was a very caring lover. HOwever the past few months this has all changed he doesnt seem to feel the need to 'woo' me or impress me he just expects sex.

He use to intiate by kissing me etc etc and spend ages sort of kissing and hugging me now he literally just says lets have sex. It is also always about him He'll lie there and not do anything and if I dont do anything he moans that I clearly dont find him attractive, he expects me to do things to him but he does nothing what so ever to me, even when i ask he doesnt do anything and then just tells me he will next time but he never does. He then literally climbs on top of me does the deed, roles of sits on his phone then tells me I have to go so he can go out.

I get no pleasure from sex any longer I just lie there waiing for him to finsih, I get no pleasure if anything it hurts alot as im clearly bone dry from no touching so it doesnt exactly 'fit' very well. Its the same position the same time, all about him and I no longer enjoy it.

I use to love it and would always be initiating but now i just feel like I could just be anybody he wouldnt care. Its the same time every time I see him 9:30 pm every friday or wedneday. Whenever I ask to do something different he says no his parents may hear.

I just feel really depressed and its causing me to resent him I dont feel attractive or loved at all I feel more and more self conscince and wonder if there is something wrong with me. As talking has made no difference is there anything I could do to relight our sex life?
    Leave him, move on and find someone nice who will treat you right.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if he feels the same about you... A girl laying there isn't particularly inspirational.

ReputationRep:
    Lost cause. Seriously, bin him immediately. Not only does he not care about your enjoyment of sex, it sounds like he doesn't even respect you. If that's not enough cause to end the relationship then I don't know what is.

Give him one chance to fix it if you want to, but if things stay like this and you do nothing you will only have yourself to blame for your terrible, non-existant relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him. Find out if there's a reason for the way he's acting. He might feel unattractive and want more attention? Or he may just be being a jerk. You'll never know unless you communicate with him.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, a meaningful relationship that is 'solely' based on sex never lasts. Period.

Option A: Use one of the few days you have the opportunity to see him, and express how you feel about the situation. Be passionate and genuine about it. If he cares about you, then he should listen.

Option B: Take a step back and reevaluate your relationship with this guy. Is it only based on sex? Do you and him doing anything else romantic outside the bedroom? Ask yourself, what are your expectations in this relationship.

I'd rather be happy by myself, than to be miserable w/ someone else. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Take the sex out of it what do have left.

ReputationRep:
    You need to talk to him and tell him exactly how you feel.
    If things continue then you may want to consider moving on from him and finding someone else...

It also depends how is the relationship if you take the sex out of it?

ReputationRep:
    get him to initiate some finger blasting

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.