Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there Decision to be made soon!

I'm putting Royal Holloway as my insurance for Comparative Lit and Culture with International Film (for which I need to get ABB), leaving me with the decision of what to firm, Warwick or Kings.

The KCL course is English Language and Communication and Warwick is Film and Literature, both wanting AAB grades which i'm fairly confident I can get.

The choice is mainly between a literature course or a language/linguistics course. I'm good at both, I'd say i'm 'better' at Language but enjoy Lit more. However I have heard Lit students often feel like they can't enjoy books and films like they could before their course and don't feel like they use what they learnt much in their current jobs. So this makes me think that Language might be more a practical degree choice.

Another factor is obviously location. I currently live outside the UK but am familiar with London. I have only been to Warwick for my interview so don't have much of an idea what the surrounding area is like. You can't really beat London, but accommodation would be more expensive and the distractions of city life might get in the way. Has anyone experienced this? Would you recommend a city uni or a campus uni?

The fact that I had an interview at Warwick makes me feel as if i'd belong there more since they obviously thought I was right for the course and uni, but with KCL I got accepted onto 2 courses. I also successfully applied for English with Film Studies but this course requires AAA, and I don't want to aim too high and set myself up for dissapointment. Nevertheless the fact that I got accepted to 2 course at Kings makes me wonder if that's where I should be too. Anyway, you get the picture, I'm at a complete loss :/

Any other points/insight/input regarding the unis i mentioned are much appreciated Thank you for reading!

ReputationRep:
    bump!

ReputationRep:
    Coventry doesn't have that good a reputation as a city but it's perhaps not as bad as everyone says. The uni's not right in the centre of Coventry any way.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.