Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so Iim kinda burning the candle at both ends!
    I'm working full time at uhcw as a hca- need to pay bills
    Being a mummy - 2 yr old girl she's amazing
    And just applied to start 1st may on access to nursing dlc

Anyone been in my predicament before? Lol
    YOLO!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I currently work, have 3 children and am doing the Access with DLC. Applied to Chester uni, Adult Nursing, had interview on Tuesday, and am (un)patiently waiting for news.

Shell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's some serious candle burning! Lol!
    I hope you do we'll good luck!
    Did you if d the access course had to juggle around work and kids??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've not finished it yet, still some modules left. It has been hard work but that's down to me not being strict enough and going weeks without doing anything. I only work 20 hours, that's enough, only goes on nursery fees anyway

Have you started your course yet then?

Shell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've 2 children, work part time only and am starting my nursing course in September.

ReputationRep:
    Really admire you for this, I struggle with a full time course and part time work, and I'm sure being a mum is much harder!

Good luck in it all

ReputationRep:
    I start on the first of may
    I work in my local hospital as a healthcare assistant full time 5 short shifts a week
    It's hard work but I just thought it would look good on my uni application with th experience I will be getting
    Wasn't going to turn down such a good job opportunity to do an access course and thought hey I'm a mum I can do anything and everything lol

Easier said than done lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdviceSeeker09)
    Really admire you for this, I struggle with a full time course and part time work, and I'm sure being a mum is much harder!

Good luck in it all
    Thank you xxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.