Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know there's probably hundreds of threads like this but I'm getting so stressed I've got my A2s coming up soon and all I seem to be doing is eating. I make bad choices at each meal and eat biscuits in between. If I don't I never seem to have much energy. I'm so tired too as I don't get a lot of sleep each night. I'm 5 foot 1 and 9 stone 8 but I can see myself going up to 10 stone as this time last week I was 9 stone 5 or something. Every time I look in the mirror I just hate what I see. My waist is 32 inches. I guess I don't really know what I'm asking but I need some help to get out of this spiral

ReputationRep:
    Don't be so hard on yourself. If you're snacking a lot, surround yourself with healthy food like carrot sticks, hummous, rice cakes, grapes - not sweets and crisps. Drink lots of water, it fills you up and reduces hunger pangs. Try and go for a walk every day, even if it's only for 15 minutes, to boost your metabolism and help the weight ease off. Keep busy so that you don't turn to food out of boredom.

Remember that everybody is different, and when you're less stressed by work it'll be easy to focus on healthy living and the pounds will drop off! Don't let it get you down

(Original post by edithwashere)
    Don't be so hard on yourself. If you're snacking a lot, surround yourself with healthy food like carrot sticks, hummous, rice cakes, grapes - not sweets and crisps. Drink lots of water, it fills you up and reduces hunger pangs. Try and go for a walk every day, even if it's only for 15 minutes, to boost your metabolism and help the weight ease off. Keep busy so that you don't turn to food out of boredom.

Remember that everybody is different, and when you're less stressed by work it'll be easy to focus on healthy living and the pounds will drop off! Don't let it get you down
    Thank you so much for your reply
    I know I'm hard on myself, but if I'm not I'll really let myself go and end up 11 stone by the end of exams. I look after myself in every other way, I look after my skin and teeth and try to always make my makeup and hair nice so in a way I don't understand why it's so hard for me to sort my eating habits out Thank you for all the advice though, I will try my best

ReputationRep:
    Watch these daily dose youtube videos (there are loads recommended to the right). They are funny and interesting. Use your little 5-10 minute breaks in revision to watch one of these videos each time, and it is a healthy way of procrastinating which will increase your knowledge about health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXXWVXWt1nM

(Original post by Cinnie)
    Watch these daily dose youtube videos (there are loads recommended to the right). They are funny and interesting. Use your little 5-10 minute breaks in revision to watch one of these videos each time, and it is a healthy way of procrastinating which will increase your knowledge about health.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXXWVXWt1nM
    Thank you so much for that, that video's great! I guess I just need some motivation really. I did lose half a stone once but I put all the weight back on..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you so much for that, that video's great! I guess I just need some motivation really. I did lose half a stone once but I put all the weight back on..
    Don't focus on the numbers or the weight, focus on the change of attitude and lifestyle. Food is for physical hunger not emotional, and it takes a long time to properly grasp that. Don't put too much pressure on yourself :hugs:

(Original post by Cinnie)
    Don't focus on the numbers or the weight, focus on the change of attitude and lifestyle. Food is for physical hunger not emotional, and it takes a long time to properly grasp that. Don't put too much pressure on yourself :hugs:
    I will do, thank you so much

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.