Free new brake lines for cool cats only ^_^ Watch

_Jax_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
If you are a cool cat who owns a mk1 punto then you are going to be getting some cool new brake lines. While mine is in I am going to ask if they can paint the calipers red so my brakes will be just as good as a Ferrari!

See fig 1

Fig 1
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You should have had them changed years ago, it's a VERY old recall! I would be surprised if any Mk1 punto owners on here haven't had their's done already. It's possible that Fiat couldn't find the new owner of your car hence why it took them a while.

Yep, just checked, originally issued 2001!
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Haha **** me yeah I just found that out looking round some of the punto forums. The conditons near me must not be agressive enough though because I haven't died yet.
LittleMiss
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes it is an old recall, but obviously if the car has changed owners etc, they may only just be tracking people down.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Jax - Ferarri owners pay £500 for their calipers to be red :eek:, but then like you said, it makes your brakes even more super duper :laugh:

Not that I'm for colouring calipers unless you have the real Brembo 4 pots, but use hammerite paint and do it yourself you lazy sod.
_Jax_
Rep:
?
I think I will just tell people I have a four pot ATE conversion kit they wont know behind the steelies anyway because I am going for the sleeper look :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.56%
No - but I will (17)
5.38%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.33%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (154)
48.73%

Watched Threads