Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else applied for the Science Foundation Year at Kingston university (taught at Kingston College)? I received an offer today and I'm hoping to study Pharmacy after.

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm interested too.
    I'm an italian student and I really like to study in London. Do you know what are the entry requirements? How much it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evellinej)
    Hi, I'm interested too.
    I'm an italian student and I really like to study in London. Do you know what are the entry requirements? How much it is?
    Hi, are you planning to study here this September?
    The entry requirements for this course are 160 UCAS points, so that's 2 A Levels at C Grade.
    Sorry, I'm not sure what the equal to this is in Italian qualifications but here's the link for the course: http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergradu...uirements.html
    that may be able to explain it more.
    hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Maybe the next september.
    I found a conversion scale and I may meet the entry requirements. I have B in biology, chemistry and physics but E in maths.Is it a problem? I want to come in London with my boyfriend but he have not studied these scientific subjects at the high school.
    I sent an email for asking what he has to do. Do you know anything? Is it necessary that the subjects are scientific?

ReputationRep:
    The course is aimed at people who do not have a science background so I think your boyfriend would be fine to apply for it. They also do have a lot of international students on the course who've done sciences but take a foundation year to feel more comfortable when it gets to degree level.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gutted I didn't get in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naijacouture)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammi)
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else applied for the Science Foundation Year at Kingston university (taught at Kingston College)? I received an offer today and I'm hoping to study Pharmacy after.

Anyone else?
    What your qualification were? A level? I mean, why couldn't you go directly to the degree course?

ReputationRep:
    Why??
    I cant remember. I think it was because im 'over qualified' which im clearly not because the only FULL A level I have is a D in biology. The rest of my grades are just AS and 1 year of btec (havent completed some of them yet). Im not gonna consider UCAS points even though I have a lot because I dont have the knowledge of A2 maths and chemistry which I really need. Thats why im applying to foundation years :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah have you got another place which you plan to go to?

ReputationRep:
    What your qualification were? A level? I mean, why couldn't you go directly to the degree course?
    I didn't do science based A-Levels so I wouldn't have been able to get straight onto the degree course, the foundation year allows to me gain the scientific background that I need for the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammi)
    I didn't do science based A-Levels so I wouldn't have been able to get straight onto the degree course, the foundation year allows to me gain the scientific background that I need for the course.
    Were your grades of high school high? Is it necessary to do some extracurricular activities? Sorry for all my questions but I'm trying to make an idea of the entry requirements to the Foundation Year.

ReputationRep:
    Were your grades of high school high? Is it necessary to do some extracurricular activities? Sorry for all my questions but I'm trying to make an idea of the entry requirements to the Foundation Year.
    I did get good grades in high school but I don't think that's the determining factor because the course is made for people from a lot of different backgrounds.
    Some relevant work experience would be good, especially for your personal statement when applying. Extracurricular activities are also good for your personal statement so if you can involve yourself in some, i'd reccomend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasham_195)
    Hi! Yup I'm also planning on doing the exact same course, got my offer last week!
    hey congrats for your offer! i thought kingston were never going to reply lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammi)
    Ah have you got another place which you plan to go to?
    Yep! University of Hertfordshire to do the the extended degree (foundation year + normal degree)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep! University of Hertfordshire to do the the extended degree (foundation year + normal degree)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's good!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammi)
    I did get good grades in high school but I don't think that's the determining factor because the course is made for people from a lot of different backgrounds.
    Some relevant work experience would be good, especially for your personal statement when applying. Extracurricular activities are also good for your personal statement so if you can involve yourself in some, i'd reccomend it.

Thanks! I wanna make an idea of the other students' average of grades etc... I'm afraid to discover after i've applied to be completely out and don't receive any offers!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I wanna make an idea of the other students' average of grades etc... I'm afraid to discover after i've applied to be completely out and don't receive any offers!
    I'm sure it will be fine if you passes and above for the majority of your grades, since this is a foundation year it is designed to make the transfer to degree level easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammi)
    I'm sure it will be fine if you passes and above for the majority of your grades, since this is a foundation year it is designed to make the transfer to degree level easier.
    Thanks! I hope so...I'm so nervous
    Congratulations, good luck!!
    BYEbye =)

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I applied for foundation year at Kingston and I got an offer. They took months...So I guess il see you all there in September.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.