Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston - Science Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by iammi
Hey everyone, hope you're all well!
Just went to Kingston Uni for the first time, i know it's a bit late for someone who starts in like 2 weeks lol.
But i went, looked around and asked to confirm where the course would be taught and they told me the majority of it will be at the penrhyn road campus (where i went today) and sometimes at St.Georges, but i always thought it was at Kingston College?
Anyone else get told the same thing or is it still at the college?
And do you guys also have enrollment on the 12th?
:smile:

My enrolment is on the 12th, too! :-) I honestly thought it's just kingston college we'll be studying at. This is somewhat exciting, actually. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with it all, though.
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 61
Original post by Kingston University
Hi there,
It sounds like you may be on a foundation degree programme rather than the science foundation course. Do you have the course code / name and I can confirm for you.
Kind regards
Kerrie

Hi, thanks for checking this is it:
On my UCAS confirmation later it says
Course name: Pharmacy (Foundation)
Code: B231

I always assumed this was taught with the science foundation year as it is a 5 year course, with the ending degree being in MPharm so upon successfully completing the year I would be transferred onto the MPharm course and also, when applying on UCAS there was no specific 'Science Foundation Year', I was told to apply for my desired course (Pharmacy) but to choose the one that had foundation next to it?
Original post by iammi
Hi, thanks for checking this is it:
On my UCAS confirmation later it says
Course name: Pharmacy (Foundation)
Code: B231

I always assumed this was taught with the science foundation year as it is a 5 year course, with the ending degree being in MPharm so upon successfully completing the year I would be transferred onto the MPharm course and also, when applying on UCAS there was no specific 'Science Foundation Year', I was told to apply for my desired course (Pharmacy) but to choose the one that had foundation next to it?

Hi I have spoken to the Pharmacy admissions team and think I have clarified the confusion. B231 is five year MPharm with a foundation year. The first year is spent at Kingston College.

After year one (the foundation course) students who are successful transfer to the MPharm course. This is taught mainly at Kingston University - Penrhyn Road campus with one eighth of the time at St Georges University London throughout the remaining 4 years.
I hope that clears everything up for you!
Kind regards
Kerrie
Reply 63
Hey guys I'm hoping to do the science foundation next year but in so confused with the process! After the foundation year do you go straight into a degree? How do you apply for the foundation course?

Sorry for the questions I'm so confused!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi i know I'm very late

but i wanted to ask what grades did you guys get in with?

i need two c's but I'm scared in won't get it - will i still be able to get in if i have a c and d

(i do have 5 AS A - C grade - so quite a lot of ucas points)

do i still have a chance of being accepted =?
Hey everyone!

Theres a group set up here with a load of us in it!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/279203698907912

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending