The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yes, but i rounded 2.2275 to 2.23 to match the level of accuracy on 1.41.
Reply 2
Yes, I think that I also got that answer. What did you do for the question where you have to work out the PMCC for p and q. I left it as the same answer as the PMCC for x and y, because it has to be b/w -1 and 1, right? What did everyone else get?
Yeah, you didn't need to change it at all, as the coding was only to put it into a standard form, and wouldnt affect it.
Reply 4
yes yes people, for question 2( normal distribution) on the S1..wot was the answer for t?....

i got something like 14.summin or 15.summin can't remember

and for the probabilty question...wot is the prob of gettin a total 16 from 3 dice?

peace out

hatz
Reply 5
For the probablity of getting a total of 16, I got
6*(1/6*1/6*1/6)=1/36
Is that right?
Reply 6
I got 1/36 for the dice thing. The exam wasn't that hard but I don't think I did that well. Lack of revision.
Reply 7
Originally posted by Unregistered
For the probablity of getting a total of 16, I got
6*(1/6*1/6*1/6)=1/36
Is that right?

Yep.
Reply 8
Originally posted by Unregistered
Yes, I think that I also got that answer. What did you do for the question where you have to work out the PMCC for p and q. I left it as the same answer as the PMCC for x and y, because it has to be b/w -1 and 1, right? What did everyone else get?

Yeah, the PMCC is unaffected by linear transformations.
Reply 9
Yes, -0.86... well that's what I got!
Reply 10
me too! I think this paper was easy. Tho i made a few stupid mistakes. What did you get for the normal distribution Q2?
Reply 11
wot were the lower quartiles and the upper quartiles Q1 and Q3...i got -5 for Q1 and 31 for Q3...please that be right...

otherwise my hopes of gettin an A may be in jeapordy!!
Reply 12
I got 13 for Q1, 20 for Q2 and 31 for Q3, i think
Reply 13
correction..i got 13 for Q1 and -5 was what i got when i took away the interquartile range....hence no outliers..
Reply 14
Originally posted by hatz!
correction..i got 13 for Q1 and -5 was what i got when i took away the interquartile range....hence no outliers..

Wasn't it 1.5*IQR either side of Q1 and Q3, as opposed to just the IQR?
Reply 15
OH SHIT...yeah..that makes it 1.5(18)=27 that means it was13-27= -14 and 37+27= 58!!

OH shit...i cant belive i made that stoooopid mistake...f**k..but there were no outliers still that means right?
Reply 16
yes, either side.
Reply 17
Originally posted by hatz!
OH SHIT...yeah..that makes it 1.5(18)=27 that means it was13-27= -14 and 37+27= 58!!

OH shit...i cant belive i made that stoooopid mistake...f**k..but there were no outliers still that means right?

If there were two marks for that question part (I can't remember), then you might get one of them for stating no outliers, although I'm not sure as your method would be flawed...

P.S. Did anyone notice the error in this question? It was very subtle and was simply that they said that outliers are those values which lie at Q3 + 1.5IQR and Q1 - 1.5IQR (or words to that effect). They should've said that outliers are those values which lie above Q3 + 1.5IQR and below Q1 - 1.5IQR. Otherwise, this means that the only possible outliers are the upper and lower outlier boundaries themselves! I expect most people would not even have noticed it, so it's no problem, just another sign of Edexcel not reading their papers properly.

Regards,
Reply 18
What did everyone get for Q2?
Reply 19
Oh darn, I'm not sure, but I think that I got the Q3 to be 30. I hope that I'm wrong, and that I got the right answer, but I have a bad feeling that I am right. I got the other 2 quartiles right (I think), and I had the right method for the second part, and got that there were no outliers. How many marks will I lose if I have got 1 quartile wrong?

Latest

Trending

Trending