The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Powerline
Maybe i only do have faith in God because i was brought up to do so,. but if it is true, it is better to have believed, than not believe until it is too late.

So you base your faith on fear of being wrong - playing the odds?

Also (sorry to go back such a long way but you answer intrigued me)

Powerline
As a matter of fact, i do not mind it when others preach to me. It is what God sent us all to do, to make non-believers believe.

i find it in no way irritating or patronising..

You're saying that if the Satanists started following you around websites or knocking on your door at home trying to convert you (ironically something that their religion forbids) you wouldn't be offended, annoyed or patronised?

You would accept it as God's will?

Also please bear in mind that you started this debate by asking a question and reacting with disbelief and mocking when it became apparant that a significant proportion of voters don't follow your faith...had you not asked none of this debate would have taken place (again ironically us non-believers don't feel the need to go round converting people, in the most cases we're more than happy for people to believe whatever gets them through the day....it is only when someone attacks our position as stupid or ill-thought out that you will find a the sort of response shown in this thread).
Reply 121
Powerline
Theres no point argueing with you anyway.

obviously, you have no argument to put forward :rolleyes:
Reply 122
Pencil Queen
So you base your faith on fear of being wrong - playing the odds?

Also (sorry to go back such a long way but you answer intrigued me)

You're saying that if the Satanists started following you around websites or knocking on your door at home trying to convert you (ironically something that their religion forbids) you wouldn't be offended, annoyed or patronised?

You would accept it as God's will?

Also please bear in mind that you started this debate by asking a question and reacting with disbelief and mocking when it became apparant that a significant proportion of voters don't follow your faith...had you not asked none of this debate would have taken place (again ironically us non-believers don't feel the need to go round converting people, in the most cases we're more than happy for people to believe whatever gets them through the day....it is only when someone attacks our position as stupid or ill-thought out that you will find a the sort of response shown in this thread).

Im sorry if people felt that i "mocked" them , but i was merely stating that i feel sorry for you(in a non-offensive way).

ok, maybe i would feel patronised by the satanists-but i would allow them to explain to me what they believe, and tell them my views on it-i wouldnt start saying something like- 'your god does not exist. you have faith of something that doesnt exist. your life is going to be wasted worshipping nothing.'
Powerline
Im sorry if people felt that i "mocked" them , but i was merely stating that i feel sorry for you(in a non-offensive way).

ok, maybe i would feel patronised by the satanists-but i would allow them to explain to me what they believe, and tell them my views on it-i wouldnt start saying something like- 'your god does not exist. you have faith of something that doesnt exist. your life is going to be wasted worshipping nothing.'

We gave you the benefit of the doubt, allowing you to state the reasons for your belief. When it turned out that your only reason for believing in your god was that your parents told you to, we quite naturally maintained the assumption that, as there is no indication of the existence of your god, it does not exist.
Reply 124
oldthrashbarg
We gave you the benefit of the doubt, allowing you to state the reasons for your belief. When it turned out that your only reason for believing in your god was that your parents told you to, we quite naturally maintained the assumption that, as there is no indication of the existence of your god, it does not exist.

No, you are mistaken. i do not believe in God purely because my parents told me to. Yes, my parents did bring me up to believe in God, but before, i didnt care about God to be honest. But afterwards, i realised that i was wrong about God, and turned back to him.

Now, could you please do sumthing else, take part in other threads or sumthing, and stop going on about it.

Thank you

Latest