Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Today I misunderstood 'answer atleast two questions from section A and one from question B' and assumed it meant to answer 3.
    I also missed the piece of writing in bold above where it said 'answer four questions'
    Moral of the story? Read every word on the sheet before you write anything down

Please learn from my mistakes haha, how is revision going for everybody? Also does anybody know where I can find some good notes on bail? ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeintheskies)
    Today I misunderstood 'answer atleast two questions from section A and one from question B' and assumed it meant to answer 3.
    I also missed the piece of writing in bold above where it said 'answer four questions'
    Moral of the story? Read every word on the sheet before you write anything down

Please learn from my mistakes haha, how is revision going for everybody? Also does anybody know where I can find some good notes on bail? ^_^
    What topics are you focusing on mainly and any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random1234567)
    What topics are you focusing on mainly and any predictions?
    Not sure on predictions - I'm really hoping for ADR and Police Powers. I'm working on the Legal Profession at the moment, although i'm going to try and cover everything bar civil courts

Although I have heard that Police powers is likely and comes up in almost every exam in section B ^_^
    How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeintheskies)
    Not sure on predictions - I'm really hoping for ADR and Police Powers. I'm working on the Legal Profession at the moment, although i'm going to try and cover everything bar civil courts

Although I have heard that Police powers is likely and comes up in almost every exam in section B ^_^
    How about you?
    ADR just came up in january so there may be a less likely chance for it to come up. However, police powers and sentencing always comes up.....
    I am going over everything except for Legal aid

ReputationRep:
    ADR just came up in january so there may be a less likely chance for it to come up. However, police powers and sentencing always comes up.....
    I am going over everything except for Legal aid
    Ahhh I quite like sentencing ^_^ I will concerntrate on that too

ReputationRep:
    I hate revising for Law! I failed my January exam so I now have to retake it next month with all my others! How are you guys revising?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimberlyalisa)
    I hate revising for Law! I failed my January exam so I now have to retake it next month with all my others! How are you guys revising?
    oh did you do sources of law I did that in Jan
    For revision im just doing past papers and ive made notes for the topics how about you and any predictions for ELS?

ReputationRep:
    oh did you do sources of law I did that in Jan
    For revision im just doing past papers and ive made notes for the topics how about you and any predictions for ELS?
    Yes, I was really sick when I did that exam, and I just didn't have the energy to revise anything. :/
    I'm just revising using flash cards at the moment... It's remembering cases and facts that I struggle with, placing it together isn't a problem.
    Do you want to do law at uni?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I was really sick when I did that exam, and I just didn't have the energy to revise anything. :/
    I'm just revising using flash cards at the moment... It's remembering cases and facts that I struggle with, placing it together isn't a problem.
    Hi, I'm also doing the resit exam next month and if you want a tip then revise delegated legislation thoroughly. My teacher has accurately predicted many exam topics and even did the double with the sources of Law exam in January (didn't do well because of my laziness), anyway, I've got her predictions for the ELS exam in another thread so you can check that out too.

She reckons delegated legislation may come up on its own, with law reform or with Acts of Parliament. If it is the latter, the only question they really ask is how a bill becomes an Act, which is extremely generous as its just a simple outline of the process.

As statutory interpretation and judicial precedent came up in the January exam they are unlikely to reappear in May, although it wouldn't hurt to go over them just in case.

ReputationRep:
    oh how many exams do you have in total in may and yeah I am considering doing Law at university how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh English legal system.... Police powers ALWAYS comes up as a section B question. Just revise it all. WELL. Include AO2 points incase they ask you to only evaluate. Sentencing always comes up too. Always. You HAVE to get a civil related question, because of the split between civil and criminal. I just saw a post saying ADR came up in Jan, then it's likely it will be civil track system or the court system. That question came up for me last May and it was such a dream question.

As for the lay personnel, either juries or magistrates. Legal profession either judiciary or solicitors/barristers. Likely that the question will be on the judiciary.

Please don't rely on any information further than the first paragraph, ^ is a prediction.

I Have a whole load of stuff on bail but it's hard copy. If you really need it I could take a few photos and email it to you to look at.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I took this exam last year (A2 student now) but need to resit this to get an A overall (got a C last year) Everybody saying to revise police powers + sentencing are right as they both always come up... As for the other 2 topics- have any of your teachers gave hints as to what you should revise? I think my other 2 topics will be focussed on magistrates and one of barristers/soliciters. Then, as a safety net, I'll revise bail too

I'm missing out revising judges and funding (never get good marks for those), ADR and juries (they both came up in January and usually only come up once out of Jan/May exams), and missing out civil court section too (it's too long and I'm not good at remembering it)

How much revision are all of you doing each week? Have any of you done a mock and got your marks back yet? We have ours in 2 weeks which I think is a bit late but oh well

ReputationRep:
    Wow guys!! Thanks for all of the tips! I've got 5 exams coming up 2 law... and I think revision cards are my best hope... I'm wanting to go to uni to study criminology, but I'm not sure what uni and whether to do it with law or with psychology. I got a D in my mock exam.... so I still have a lot of work to do!!
    What are you all wanting to do? What other subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Wow guys!! Thanks for all of the tips! I've got 5 exams coming up 2 law... and I think revision cards are my best hope... I'm wanting to go to uni to study criminology, but I'm not sure what uni and whether to do it with law or with psychology. I got a D in my mock exam.... so I still have a lot of work to do!!
    Tip: For anybody doing Sources of law (if that is what you're doing), I have a feeling EU law + delegated legislation will come up (I would personally ignore EU and revise del leg to death, but I'm a bit of a risk taker - I did that for mine when I figured out what I thought would come up and got an A in it).

For G151 (this exam), I'm revising by going through content for the next week, then start looking at markschemes from then on, and just going over and over it (mindmaps/flashcards don't work for me for law revision) I also have my A2 criminal law exam, and my final biology exam

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing? The topics which I am going to revise are ADR, Police Powers, Legal Profession and Magistrates. Any topics you guys think I've missed out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blyts-_)
    How's everyone doing? The topics which I am going to revise are ADR, Police Powers, Legal Profession and Magistrates. Any topics you guys think I've missed out?
    Sentencing and I think you should revise civil cases as ADR came up in january....

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks! Civil Cases is quite an easy topic, just gotta go over Appeals and Tribunals

ReputationRep:
    I do law, sociology and english. Dropped psychology last year, it's a terrible subject. Currently got an AAB offer for law at UEA

ReputationRep:
    In class my teacher doesn't directly tell us his predictions but as revision we've covered: Police Powers, ADR, Sentencing, Bail and we have done a little bit on Barristers and solicitors,
    I think this fits in with some of the other predictions too, just incase anybody was interested ^_^

ReputationRep:
    Also i've been given a set of revision cards which cover the whole of AS, made by 'topic cuecards' if anybody is interested. I wouldn't use them for my whole revision but it has pretty much everything you need to know on each card

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 19, 2013

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.