London Watch

brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I'm going out with my friends next Wednesday up to Bond Street and then onto Covent Garden, as a celebration before our major block of GCSEs starts.

I was wondering, what is there for us to do in Covent Garden? I know there's the market and stuff, but if anyone else has some more suggestions? Ooh, and how do I get from Covent Garden station to the Markethall ? Thanks
It's a group of two guys and three girls
Thanks

(PS - Bond Street we're shopping!)
djk_99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by brimstone)
I'm going out with my friends next Wednesday up to Bond Street and then onto Covent Garden, as a celebration before our major block of GCSEs starts.

I was wondering, what is there for us to do in Covent Garden? I know there's the market and stuff, but if anyone else has some more suggestions? Ooh, and how do I get from Covent Garden station to the Markethall ? Thanks
It's a group of two guys and three girls
Thanks

(PS - Bond Street we're shopping!)
Covent Garden.... there's the market which has some nice little stalls. Some good shops. Transport museum if you're into that kind of thing. If the weathers nice then there is usually some awesome street performers around, we spent an hour watching this one guy do tricks once, was really funny! Thats the things we always do, if you want to know more I suggest you google it and find a guide to London.
From Covent Garden station to the market.... exit station, turn right, walk about 100m. Its not hard to find!
If you are shopping I would go to Oxford Street, its where all the good shops are! Go to the big Topshop, we always spend hours in there lol.
brimstone
Rep:
?
Thanks
We went up Oxford Street last time - it's just my local shopping centre put in a row, and at double the price :indiff:
yorkshirelass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oxford Street is only for tourists, sloanies and mugs. My favourite place around Covent Garden is the Rough Trade record store, which is in Neal's Yard. Actually, Neal's Yard is a brilliant place to visit anyway, as long as you don't drink or dine there (stupidly expensive).
brimstone
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help so far guys

Does anyone know how to get to Covent Garden Market Square from the Covent Garden Station?
hollywollydoodle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what djk 99 said. its easy to find, more then likely you can follow the crowd. just turn right and keep walking. look out for bens cookies. they are so gorgeous!
..anna..
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go To Camden Soo Much Better
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You gotta check out a clothes store called boxfresh in covent garden when your down there.
Ting-Ting
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
...and after shopping, you can pop into Leicester Square for chinese food!
caramel_qt3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yorkshirelass)
Oxford Street is only for tourists, sloanies and mugs.
I lurve oxford st I dno what u mean. The only problem is that it can get reallllly busy. Personally I prefer high street kensington. It's les busy, and it has Ben's Cookies (which r the best). But, Covent garden also has Ben's
dogtanian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Transport Museum's closed, so that's out of the picture..

The walk to Leicester Sq is actually quicker than the tube journey from Covent Garden stn, so if you're all shopped/street opera'd out, maybe a wander down that way might be fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (302)
37.52%
No - but I will (61)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (60)
7.45%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (382)
47.45%

Watched Threads