Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    somone told me to apply for medicine if your grades are ok, but the thing is,

they said to try an apply to one in a european country which teaches it in english,

since they have too many docters so i hear, its not that hard to get into medicine? is this true?

if so? how do i apply and would it be wise in reguards to cost??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassim)
    somone told me to apply for medicine if your grades are ok, but the thing is,

they said to try an apply to one in a european country which teaches it in english,

since they have too many docters so i hear, its not that hard to get into medicine? is this true?

if so? how do i apply and would it be wise in reguards to cost??
    hey
    i've got a place to study medicine at prague. it teaches it in english. however, there are loads of difficulties with coming back to the uk to practise medicine, if that's what u wanna do. u can't completely escape learning the language, cos that's what ure patients speak, but u do get an interpreter.
    i got my place thru going to medsim (u know part of the whole medlink, medsix thing, with gary craven), where every1 who attended the conference had the opportunity to sit the entrance test. the test is mutiple choice, biology, chemistry, physics and maths. u also do the interview there. i think quite a few people got a place during medsim, but i'm not sure how many will actually go. u can also sit the test in prague.
    apparently, according to this website: http://www.medschoolguide.co.uk/foru...d78c55c824ac69
    many people from the uk don't really enjoy it, but i'm sure there are many ppl who do.
    and also it's extremely difficult to transfer back to a british medical school if u want to.
    it is really cheap living in prague compared to most of the places where med schools are situated in britain.
    but imo, i think if ure british, u should try for medical school in the uk, it will be easier in the long run if u want to practise in the uk.
    i hope i've helped!
    connie
    x

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 18, 2004

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.