Polo Shirts/T-Shirts for Men Watch

Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Agreed, paying for quality? The t-shirts are made in the same factorys, I'm sure. £55 is silly money to be spending on a single t-shirt in my opinion, especially as its likely just to get ruined from spilling drinks and half your kebab on it after a night out.
dead antics
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
can i have some positive rep please?
Vishpatel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by antics)
can i have some positive rep please?
back to the original thread!!
any more tips for places to get polo t-shirts?
dead antics
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
there you go

http://www.aspecto.co.uk/index.asp?p...20GENIUS&h=738

buy that
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Vishpatel)
back to the original thread!!
any more tips for places to get polo t-shirts?
Indeed sir - getting back to the point that is.

I'm the OP by the way. I did 'buy' two t-shirt/polos....whatever, from errr, Topman last night on the Internet, but the purchase didn't go through due to credit card difficulties of a kind. Blessing in disguise really as i was probably a bit undecided about the two products.

The prices on asos.com are rather steep aren't they? So besides asos, topman and burtons, any other Internet offerings? Also, i'm not a chav so i don't go for ralph lauren, they also go down a long back at the back which looks pretty silly really.
Biffy Clyro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by antics)
...why dont you just go into all saints and by a rock one, or just go in h&m and buy a stipey one for a tenner, that would make far more sense
What do you think I am, some kind of commoner! :rolleyes:

And the fake london one was way too cheap.. I want something that screams: "Rob me I'm rich"
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Biffy Clyro)
What do you think I am, some kind of commoner! :rolleyes:

And the fake london one was way too cheap.. I want something that screams: "Rob me I'm rich"

Some people, no matter what they wear, still look chavvish. Are you one of these kinds clyro?

Don't betray your roots :cool:
Biffy Clyro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Judging my the large amount of Chavs that have yelled "Oi, ******" at me I probably don't look like their type.
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
Also, i'm not a chav so i don't go for ralph lauren, they also go down a long back at the back which looks pretty silly really.
They're tennis shirts, which means you have them tucked in but when you lean over it doesn't come out at the back.

I have loads of cheaper polos, but I also have a couple of nice RL ones. I'm not about to star telling people what they should or shouldn't wear, just what I personally like.
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by x.narb.x)
Anyone got any pics of these RL shirts?
LOL narb... grace says something about these shirts being "sexual" and you're all inquisitive.

I usually get polo-shirts or similar from Gap. You avoid having to shop where all the chavs shop, without having to buy 60 quid tops. Although I wouldn't say no to a RL polo-shirt if a certain someone was feeling generous...
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got a RL polo shirt and trust me you are paying for quality and a decent fit. These people arent world famous just because they can market well. Ralph lauren literally only have 3 ranges on fit. Every season all they do is slightly change the colours of their shirts and the stripes/patterns and they still manage to sell tonnes. Whys this? Because theyre probably the best fitting clothes youll find. Within my store, Ralph is the highest taker, around 500k a year and this is on about a 7 metre by 5 metre area.

Just because people cant afford it doesnt mean they need to get bitter. And as for Ralph being a chav brand, its not. Burberry didnt manage their brand properly and thats why the became a chav associated. Ralph have deliberately removed certain lines of clothing because of the fear that they were becoming more assocaited with brands like that.

Anyway, I like Ralph Lauren clothes, sure I cant pull some of it off as I dont have the guts but if you can, youre gonna look the best in a crowd of people.
xavier2k3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I reccommend the original shoe company (they have a site as well). They have a wide variety of polos. They're fab!

regards
--marty
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ok, i'm not a fan of logos across the chest or whatever, so are of you in the know as to decent websites regarding polo-shirts/t-shirts....

I'm happy to pay for quality, but not to spend too much. Where's the best bet for quality at a reasonable price?

Regards
WHW
Get out into the real world and have a look at some - there's only so much of an idea that you can get from viewing clothes on the internet, but you don't get an idea of the fit or anything, and whether it's right for your body shape. Anyhows, I'd say avoid Topman, Burton, etc if you don't want to look like every other 16-20 year old male - just go out for a general browse and see what you find. Happy hunting!
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angel Interceptor)
Get out into the real world and have a look at some - there's only so much of an idea that you can get from viewing clothes on the internet, but you don't get an idea of the fit or anything, and whether it's right for your body shape. Anyhows, I'd say avoid Topman, Burton, etc if you don't want to look like every other 16-20 year old male - just go out for a general browse and see what you find. Happy hunting!
I'd come to that conclusion - surfing last night, and when it comes to buying clothes off the net, it's surely a risky business with regards to whether there are faults with a product, or that is simply does not fit the body, suit you et cetera. I'll have a hunt around and leave Internet Consumerism for the moment, cds and dvds, sure, but i'm less confident regarding buying clothes (which i have never really done before other than buying a hoodie - which doesn't look chavvy!!!)
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by supernova2)
I got a RL polo shirt and trust me you are paying for quality and a decent fit. These people arent world famous just because they can market well. Ralph lauren literally only have 3 ranges on fit. Every season all they do is slightly change the colours of their shirts and the stripes/patterns and they still manage to sell tonnes. Whys this? Because theyre probably the best fitting clothes youll find. Within my store, Ralph is the highest taker, around 500k a year and this is on about a 7 metre by 5 metre area.

Just because people cant afford it doesnt mean they need to get bitter. And as for Ralph being a chav brand, its not. Burberry didnt manage their brand properly and thats why the became a chav associated. Ralph have deliberately removed certain lines of clothing because of the fear that they were becoming more assocaited with brands like that.

Anyway, I like Ralph Lauren clothes, sure I cant pull some of it off as I dont have the guts but if you can, youre gonna look the best in a crowd of people.
Wrong. Ever heard of going to a tailor?

Anyhows, I can happily afford RL polos, etc, but do I want to buy them? Nope, because they don't fit that well, and you see every Tom, **** and Harry wearing one these days (apart from the people who think they're 'uber-cool' for wearing Abercrombie & Fitch, or the hordes of clones that have only heard of one store - Topman). There are far nicer tops that you can get for that price.

As for them selling loads every year; yes, they do, but they do so because of their 'brand power', not because of the quality of the shirts themselves. RL are an established and renowned brand, but their polos are nothing to write home about - they make excellent jumpers/sweaters and other things, but their polo shirts aren't terribly exciting, and not that great, especially at their price-point, however brand yuppies and neo-conservatives will still happily fork out the cash for them, as they'll undoubtedly match their beige golfing chinos nicely. :p:

And you're not going to look like the 'best in the crowd', you're going to look like the 'rest of the crowd' - nothing new or special there. Anyhows, if the OP wants decent quality fairly cheap polos and doesn't care about branding or anything else, then he could just mosey on down to *shudders* Gap - they're pretty cheap (about £15 - £20) and sometimes come in nice deisgns/colours.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd come to that conclusion - surfing last night, and when it comes to buying clothes off the net, it's surely a risky business with regards to whether there are faults with a product, or that is simply does not fit the body, suit you et cetera. I'll have a hunt around and leave Internet Consumerism for the moment, cds and dvds, sure, but i'm less confident regarding buying clothes (which i have never really done before other than buying a hoodie - which doesn't look chavvy!!!)
Yeah, I'm the same - I generally buy CDs, DVDs and other electonic goods off of the net, but I've only ever once bought any clothing off of the 'net (and only did so that one time as I'd already tried it on in the shop, so knew which size I required, plus the online shop was having a sale).
supernova2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I wasnt just talking about polos when I was saying about RL. Obviously a Tailor does a better fit :/ but I dont think youre gonna get very many tailored polos...

I stated about RL because I was going against how some people were saying RL was a chav brand and there was nothing good about them at all. They are high quality like the rest of RLs products and I dont know where else you can get such a range of polos that are as good. Sure they might not be worth 60 quid all things considered but if you can afford it, why not?
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They're only the best fit if your body suits the style.

I'm not bitter that I can't afford to buy Ralph Lauren, because I probably could if I wanted to I just choose not to, I'd rather spend my money else where than waste it on a piece of cloth that isn't worth a third of it's price, for example on my holiday that I'm paying for for next year.

I've bought high quality t-shirts that last me a lifetime, they cost far less than ralph lauren, they're more interesting than ralph lauren and I can afford to get bored of them.

Also, notice how it's only the people who work with RL that are sticking up for RL.
Lady_Muck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I love Ralph Lauren - I don't work for them
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The other things I've said still stand.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.62%
No - but I will (19)
5.69%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (161)
48.2%

Watched Threads