The Student Room Group

AQA A biology synoptic paper

Hey, does anyone know approximately how much time you should dedicate to the essay in this exam? My teachers haven't told us - just assuming we'll do it in the time left, but I think I would prefer to do the essay first to get it over with! In my view, if I'm panicing about not having enough time left at the end of the exam, I'd rather being doing 2 and 3 mark questions than trying to finish an essay.
So if anyone could give me an estimate that'd be great. :smile:
Reply 1
Well the exam is an hour and 45 minutes to my knowledge so i would spend bout an hour or just under on the essay as it carries alot of the marks. Although out of 25, 16 marks of that are for range of content.....so just write whatever u can remember

Seriously though doing the essay first isn't a great idea. By all means read the two essay titles first and brainstorm a little bit but i won't jump straight into the essay!!!!

Hope that helps
It depends, try and leave about an hour for the essay, but you might finish the questions quicker. If you think you'll do better on the questions do those first to make sure you get the marks on them, but maybe if you don't think you've got a chance with the questions but the essay title looks good have a go at that?
Reply 3
I think I was told to spend about 45 mins on the essay and try to write about 3 sides. I'll probably spend a few mins planning it as well. Not looking forward to it! Hope the other questions aren't too random!
Reply 4
the past papers look horrrrrible =( and i hope we are all lucky this year to get a decent enough essay title.
i dont even know how revise? i suppose i have a vague idea of everything..but not enough for the essay =|
im worried about it.
how's everyone else revising for it?
xxx
Reply 5
By waiting until after my general studies tomorrow to have a nervous breakdown about biology on friday. It's not my problem yet :wink:

Latest