would it b possible? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
for a guy to lose a stone between now and end of june with strict diet and hour of exercise?

cheers
Ting-Ting
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
how strict is the diet? and an hour's exercise everyday? or once everyweek?:confused:
zerohero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In my opinion, quite unlikely. You could get away with losing half a stone, but a stone is a very small chance, as that would mean eating far less. It can be done, but you still need to eat to be healthy.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Depends how much you weight already...
so_this_is_sam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah it depends if you are overweight anyway, because the more excess fat you have the easier it is to lose! be careful about doing an hour of exercise a day, sometimes your body needs a rest so dont over do it. if u really need to lose weight a balanced diet and exercise will have its effect but probably not in a month...it'll take more like 3 months to do something healthily enough
Lady Venom
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i lost a stone in 4 weeks.

Start eating healthily, use protein shakes in conjunction with a lot of exercise.
I was going to the gym, cycling a minimum of 8 miles in 20 mins, followed by an hour or so of weights and then another 10/20 mins of gentler exercise.
Chris.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's possible for anyone, overweight or otherwise to lose a stone in 4 weeks with an hour of exercise a day. Whether or not it would be healthy is another matter.

If I was you, i'd keep an eye on the scales, but focus more on looking how you want to, if you start looking at BMI's etc. you'll just end up wanting to hit A target weight, and doing it too quickly you'll end up losing mostly muscle.

Ideally you wanna take a bit longer than 4 weeks to lose a stone, but again, it's dependant on your weight now. Post it up along with your height.
Note
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Build up a good muscle base - it uses up a hell of a lot of energy just having it there so that will be helpful. Cardio excersizes before breakfast would be important so your metabolism is up before you start eating.

Yes it's possible, but you need to be VERY careful while doing it. Alternitavely you could always get ill. I loose serious amounts of weight when I'm ill - to the tune of half a stone a week :p:

Disclaimer - you probably shouldnt try getting ill...
joeybee
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why do you want to lose the weight (if you do) and it would depend on your current weight now. I don't think really it would be that halthy to lose a whole stone in a month.
Plus stict diets are not good. I think really that it is better to eat healthily and exercise well, not so much to do with weight (although obviously they do tie in).
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Have you considered the wonderful world of bulimia?
Lillybut
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by _Jax_)
Have you considered the wonderful world of bulimia?
^o)
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I lost 11lbs in 2 weeks on Atkins. Wouldn't recommend it though; you can't eat just protein for very long.
Phantom Phoenix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Actually it is possible, I lost three and a half stone between New Year and mid-March so you can do it, but I was doing two or three hours of exercise every night (obsessive but I was desperate to lose the spare tyre(s)!) and really cutting back what I ate. But it's like "so this is sam" said, I was overweight so it came off easier than it would for someone who was fitter to start with.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes.
anjurdsg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Bis)
Yes.
yeah, right
7Magpies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A couple of years ago I did work experience at a kennels -3 hours of jogging a day with the dogs, an extra hour of scrubbing with the cats! I didn't eat any differently, but I did loose half a stone in two weeks! -also found I toned up quite well, lol.

My exercise wasn't that intense, really, despite what it sounds like. I'm guessing yours would be more so. I reckon you could do it, but I'd recommend you toned up rather than tried to loose all that weight outright -I don't think it's that good for you. Toned muscles do make a really big difference in your appearance, without you needing to diet too much. Saying that, as soon as finished the work period I lost it all again... *sigh*

(I'm also a girl, but I reckon it'd have the same effect on you!)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it would be possible but not very healthy. The bigger you are, the easier it is to lose a stone but watch out - the minute you stop dieting / exercising, you'll put it all back plus more! If it's for a holiday or somehting, I would say do it - it's not gonna kill you. But just don't make it a habit.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Would someone care to explain why it is so excessively 'unhealthy' to do so?
WokSz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
for a guy to lose a stone between now and end of june with strict diet and hour of exercise?

cheers
It's possible - but it will take an extremely strict diet, continous excercise and motivation. By all means, go for it, but I highly discourage you from doing it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.48%
No - but I will (76)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.91%

Watched Threads