The Student Room Group

in your relationship when did you have your first major argument/fight?

Pretty much as the title says- in your relationship how long had you been together before you had your first major argument?

And out of curiosity what caused it?
We were together for about 6 months before our first massive fight. He was getting really insecure about me even TALKING to another guy and I got angry and called him controlling etc. which he didnt react well too so we were shouting at each other. We made up not too long after and he apologised and I accepted his apology. The effects of the argument lasted a while though, he would often bring up the fact I said he was 'controlling' a word he didnt like me to use because his ex (who basically f***ed him over) used to call him that. Anyway, I'm still with him and he's a lot more easy-going now and doesn't mind me communicating with boys. We've been together for almost two years now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was 2 years in and we started fighting over something really stupid. Halfway through we both started laughing at the fact we were having our first fight.. :h:
I say it hasn't even been half a year but my boyfriend would probably argue its been at least a year. So yeah, we're always arguing about when it started :^_^:
Anyway, our slightly "major" argument happened a few months ago, when he was re-hospitalised for kidney failure. He thought he wasn't fit in the relationship and he kept convincing himself that he was a crappy boyfriend who kept getting himself in medical trouble (mainly because he kept comparing himself to the other guys and their girls in his area). I got so upset at his comparisons, we didn't talk for the rest of the day. :hmpf:
I felt bad, and I told him to cheer up and that I'll make him pizza and nuggets once he's discharged. We made up, forgot about it, and went back to our (back then) favourite MMORPG. :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Nearly 2 years in we are yet to have an argument/fight. Not even had little fights really :smile:
Reply 5
I had an argument with my GF when she didn't get into Oxford. Snobby, I know, but, since I've changed and realized I was being an ********.
after about 8 months together we had a little arguement over him going out clubbing constantly. We are one of those couples who bicker alot but actually its the best for us as we both get our feelings completly out over and done with and leave nothing unsaid so there is no brewing of feelings or anger that weve kept quiet
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
It was 2 years in and we started fighting over something really stupid. Halfway through we both started laughing at the fact we were having our first fight.. :h:

Guuuh, that's adorable :biggrin:
About a year in. I think we were stressed because of job searching etc. We started debating something to do with feminism and I felt she was talking over my arguments so I got pissed off, walked out the room and we made up a couple of hours later. Since then we've got stressy with each other over moving house but we seldom fight.
Reply 9
I think like a month or so in. :o: Over something silly.
We've been going out nearllllyy 3 years now and rarely argue fight. If we do it's something really silly to be honest.
We've never had a full argument and it's been 9 and a half years. Now I'm a little worried that we're weird or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We've been together 4 years and never had a major argument. Although, to be fair as a couple not living together without any real responsibilities other than study and casual work, there's not much to argue about.
Reply 12
Been together 5 years. Never had a major fight... have bickering fights a few times a week about about stupid things atm as alot of stress in our relationship atm with work and uni and him maybe moving away for a few years so be living apart after living together for nearly 4 years :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Good to see long lasting couples on this thread especially with the state of this ONS, FWB and cheating culture we live in!
I can't even remember it. :confused:
It was probably around the 6 month mark, but I don't think we've ever had any arguments so serious that I haven't been able to forget them.
(edited 11 years ago)
At around 5-6 months. Seemed to trigger something and now we argue most weeks :\. Love the idiot though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending