Advice... bras for strapless dress? Watch

treasured28
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hey, was hoping someone could help me... i've just bought a strapless dress but have no clue what's the best type of bra to wear with it - i've heard about those special adhesive bras that you can only use so many times or something, but do they work?? My friend said that if you get too hot they just slip off!!! :confused:
Luminescience
Report 12 years ago
strapless bra?
Cessie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm just gonna get a strapless one. Though the ones I tries from M&S were like sooo the wrong shape. I need a padded/push up one as well :P I might try wonderbra unless anyone else knows any other good ones!
lil_sweetie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Try ones from Contessa - they're supposed to be good.

I swear by my M&S one! :p:
Cessie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Really? They just didn't fit me properly and I tried various sizes :P Lol.
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My M&S strapless bra is amazing.
poppy12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
fantasie strapless bras from contessa if you need a lot of support. otherwise a tshirt multiway from m&s.
starya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by treasured28)
hey, was hoping someone could help me... i've just bought a strapless dress but have no clue what's the best type of bra to wear with it - i've heard about those special adhesive bras that you can only use so many times or something, but do they work?? My friend said that if you get too hot they just slip off!!! :confused:
I had one of those adhesive bras for a prom-like thingy and it worked perfectly. It did get a bit sweaty underneath though.. but not enough for it to slip off.
If you don't want that though you can always get a plain strapless bra that has a silicone lining at the back. That way it stays in place.
Bubble Fairy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Perhaps as a last resort you could always change your bra straps to clear plastic ones. This can look abit dodgy though - so I'd try other things instead
e_clark
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i have a t shirt bra with removeable straps from Debenhams and i swear by it - it is the same shape as my normal ones and so deosnt completely cover everything up but offers loads of support and a wonderfulk shape (and m and s r really bad about bra fitting - i got measured there at 36d then when i went to debenhams they took me straight down to a 32!!!! lol just thought id point that out) also, remember different brands and styles ofbra fit in entirely different ways so go somewhere like debenhams, get a load of different strapless ones and try them all on!!

also i dont know what ur dress is like but one of my friends had one with no back either really and u can get bras that have a clear strap across ur back too if u really need to wear one!

hope that helps!

(p.s. dont get one thats a stick on one unless u dont need the support, they r hopeless!!)
guitargirl03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A strapless bra is your best bet. Having said that, a lady came into the shop where I work and bought a lot of the 'stick on' ones. She had had breast cancer and had to have a masectomy, and she used them so it looks like she had both breasts and she said that they were really good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.66%
No - but I will (35)
6.58%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (250)
46.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise