AQA DT Resistant Materials Question Watch

Redge
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Do you think the only mechanisms we will need to know are cranks and cams? Anyone found any good revision sites for our specific theme (Children's Education Toys)?
Cataclysm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm doing the same thing, trying to find good toys to draw tomorrow

I think the most commons ones are Cranks and Cam and it might be a good idea to glance over the other ones.
Gramatic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm doing the same paper as you but I have to write stuff in turns of a graphic product. I will need to draw a boardgame.
Inflation
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What's cranks? I'm doing short course.
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So how did it go for you guys?
I found I done well apart from the making of the abbacus! That was damn hard!
Cataclysm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hah! The easiest exam so far and I though making the abacus was easy - I left it til the end and I had 40 minutes to draw nice pictures for that question

All the questions were easy this year; no silly questions like what is this symbol or what is that mark. I'd be surprised if I got less that 110 marks on that test.
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I assume you are doing full course?
Cataclysm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah. Short Course is out of 100 right?
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, it ended with the question about how technology made it easierr for companies to make their products. I need 72%ish (roughly according to last 2 years boundaries) to get A* so heres hoping
Cataclysm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I had the same question; it was something about how the development of materials and manufacturing technology has made it easier to make that design (Figure 4?5?)
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, pretty weird question, it was 8 marks which put me off as I couldn't think of too many points.

Cataclysm, what mark do you need to get A*, what did you get for your cwk as well?
Cataclysm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
C/W Mark = 90/95 = About 198 Scaled Marks.

In the exam I need anything above 95 marks I think to get an A*
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Got one more than you :p:
What was your project? Was it any good?
Mine was a clock, it's kind of crap, you wouldn't buy it in a shop, but I did things just to get marks. I just ask my teacher what I need to get top marks, so in my thing I have tons of joints, methods, screws etc. While others in my class where trying to make it look good.

I don't even have a picture of it completed on my PC.
Cataclysm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That's exactly what I did - the hell with aethetics - it is all about joinery.

I made a Chair with a strong base and a good backrest. My teacher liked it and it felt very comfortable and it was finished well and had strong joints (Mortise and Tenon) and ergo I got good marks - 90/95 - design was crap though.
Inflation
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Geniuses think alike then LOL!
FoOtYdUdE
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Redge)
Anyone found any good revision sites for our specific theme (Children's Education Toys)?

...Bump////
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If anyone wants to know, this webiste is AMAZING: http://www.technologystudent.com/ . I'm not joking when i saw how good it is, it has all exam-specific questions (like when i did my GCSE on childrens toys, it had loads of questions on it, which had worked answers, and i actually used a lot of their diagrams & ideas in the real exam ). People should take a look. And considering i had no theory lessons (i was the only person in the class to take the GCSE a year early, and only did practical in the lessons) and did about ~20 hours of revision in the month before the exam, and eventually came out with an A*, i can honestly say this website helped me sooooo much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise