The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick or Durham???

Hi Everyone,

I am having a very hard time deciding between these two unis. I have been to see both and I liked the feel for Durham more, my college was Van mildert and the course is modern languages (German and italian). However I way prefer the course at Warwick (German and business). I think Durham is more reputable for languages but then Warwick is more reputable for business. Any help at all would be amazing :smile: thank you
Reply 1
Would you prefer Italian or business? I'd say Durham because of it's reputation, environment and historic features.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
You said you prefer Warwick's course, but have you considered the possibility of a transfer to Durham's Combined Honours program? You could effectively do a combination of any 2-4 subjects, including German, Business and Italian.

Warwick is campus based and in the Midlands, whereas Durham is a collegiate university in the North - you said you prefer Durham as a place, so that's in its favour.

Durham is generally much more prestigious for languages, but the difference in job prospects will be pretty negligible, especially as Warwick will have the Business element.

It's pretty close, so look into the Combined Honours course and the Business modules and take things from there.
(edited 11 years ago)
If you think you will prefer the course, then go to Warwick.
Reply 4
Original post by The Polymath
You said you prefer Warwick's course, but have you considered the possibility of a transfer to Durham's Combined Honours program? You could effectively do a combination of any 2-4 subjects, including German, Business and Italian.

Warwick is campus based and in the Midlands, whereas Durham is a collegiate university in the North - you said you prefer Durham as a place, so that's in its favour.

Durham is generally much more prestigious for languages, but the difference in job prospects will be pretty negligible, especially as Warwick will have the Business element.

It's pretty close, so look into the Combined Honours course and the Business modules and take things from there.

Thank you so much! Will definitely look into combined honours :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest