S1 Edexcel June 2006 Feedback Watch

ma3eeni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by k10k)
You just don't know!
what was the raw marks needed last years for 100 UMS in june 2005?
Smidster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ma3eeni)
what was the raw marks needed last years for 100 UMS in june 2005?
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Smidster)
FROM 75!!!?
8 marks and you get a 100 ...
thats great .. isnt it?
hotfreezer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah .. but i didnt round it i kept it as 0.0956 ..
and i dont think we can interpolate it says in the syllibus that knowledge of interpolation is not required ..
soo what do u think .. how many marks would i lose
Dude....just chill, its been a day now and you're still stressed over this one tiiiiny little thing....

I reckon they'll probs take a mark off for it, because if they specified the degree of accuracy then they'd expect you to do it. but its over now, and you cant do anything about it, and its only 1 mark... seriously, deep breath, relax, its over.
k10k
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
For june 2005: if you had 62/75 you scrapped an A and hence got 80 UMS!

hotfreezer's right, I might as well start revising for tomorrow's exam
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hotfreezer)
Dude....just chill, its been a day now and you're still stressed over this one tiiiiny little thing....

I reckon they'll probs take a mark off for it, because if they specified the degree of accuracy then they'd expect you to do it. but its over now, and you cant do anything about it, and its only 1 mark... seriously, deep breath, relax, its over.
loool .. its just that i lost alot of marks!!! ..
and i am soo stressed out .. i did terrible in my W1 my chemistry and my physics practical .. NOTHING is going right!!!
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So would someone be kind enough to work through the paper...?
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If someone posts the questions I should be able to provide the answers (most of them, hopefully...)
Desi
Report 12 years ago
http://filelodge.bolt.com/account.php?action=register

answering q.5 and q3 would be really helpful!
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
All of them would be really helpful....
tenjon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thought it was a really good paper. As far as I can tell, the only mark I will drop was that I got the mean high-jump to be 1.69m, I imagine I just wasn't concentrating when I was rounding. I don't think there were any other questions I got wrong.... hoping for 100 UMS. Would take the presure off C3 and C4 certainly!
meef cheese
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How many significant figures do you put your answers to? Because people on here seem to be using 6+ which is worrying because I only use 3 or 4...
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by e-unit)
How many significant figures do you put your answers to? Because people on here seem to be using 6+ which is worrying because I only use 3 or 4...
no its supposed to be to 3 sf ..
dont worry except for the part with the 3 damn decimal places hehe
hotfreezer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by e-unit)
On the regression line question (about iron or something) it would be meaningless to put your answer to 3sf i thought, so i used 2dp, coz if you did it to 3sf then the regression like would be: L = 2460t + c but all the lengths were 2460 something, only that last bit changes. and the figures for L were given to 2dp (or 6sf) so i gave the gradient of regression line to 2dp too.
hvarsani
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
can sum tell me how the got 2/3 for the ;last probability question
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
On the regression line question (about iron or something) it would be meaningless to put your answer to 3sf i thought, so i used 2dp, coz if you did it to 3sf then the regression like would be: L = 2460t + c but all the lengths were 2460 something, only that last bit changes. and the figures for L were given to 2dp (or 6sf) so i gave the gradient of regression line to 2dp too.
yeah but the values of a and b were to 3 significant figures ..
hotfreezer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah but the values of a and b were to 3 significant figures ..
I thought 3sf wasn't a sensible degree of accuracy because the equation wouldn't tell you much, so i gave it to 2dp and then 3sf so the examiner can take his/her pick
atali
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hvarsani)
can sum tell me how the got 2/3 for the ;last probability question
The question was.
Find the probability they wore glasses, given they were left-handed and had dark hair.

From the venn diagram you can find the probability of someone being left-handed and having dark hair. This was 15/100

So now you just want to find how many of these 15 wear glasses and from looking at the venn diagram you know this is 10. It says in the question "Only 10 people wore glasses, were left-handed and had dark hair". SO this is a probability of 10/100.

So if you put the the probability of someone wearing glasses, being left-handed and having dark hair. Over the probability of someone being left-handed and having dark hair.

(10/100)/(15/100)= 10/15 = 2/3
ma3eeni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I thought 3sf wasn't a sensible degree of accuracy because the equation wouldn't tell you much, so i gave it to 2dp and then 3sf so the examiner can take his/her pick
lol .. nice thinking ..
rachyk
Report 12 years ago
If you used 1.700 as mue the C question would have given you a completely different answer than if you used 1.699 - 10% difference in the answer,

is 1.699 appropriate to use as 3dp? or would u have needed to make it 1.700 in which case the answer to C would have been totally different???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed