The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
I think she is refering to time difference and all that..
Reply 261
people knew the questions before hand from this site?
Reply 262
No..this is becoming confusing..I don't think she REALLY meant it...just venting her anger and stuff.
Reply 263
"I think she is refering to time difference and all that.."

I don't think she is.
Reply 264
yeah because no one posted any questions until everyine did their exams .. it seems that some question were leaked where she comes from ...
Reply 265
Questions were not released from this site, I am aware of that much..
Reply 266
All the exams are done at the same time throughout the country, so unless a paper is obtained through some means or another before the exam has happened there's no way you can get the answers.
There hasn't been any leakage at all.
Reply 267
"There hasn't been any leakage at all."
There has been no direct leakage through this forum I don't think no.

But considering the schools get the papers a few days before the actual exams, a member of staff at school could have opened them and leaked them. That happened with a London Private school teacher who was also selling the papers to interested parties a few years ago.

Another thing which I've been told, is that some people bribe the postmen. They then try to delicately view the papers/make a copy then reseal the package, and the postman finishes the job by handing it to the school.
k10k

Another thing which I've been told, is that some people bribe the postmen. They then try to delicately view the papers/make a copy then reseal the package, and the postman finishes the job by handing it to the school.

it is like from James Bond film :eek: :biggrin:

papers are opened about an hour before the exam so is your teacher would like to cheat u ll have enough time, but i dont think thayll try:rolleyes:
Reply 269
"papers are opened about an hour before the exam"

Well I hope you're school doesn't do that!

The pack of papers should be opened by the supervisor a few minutes before the examination.
Reply 270
k10k
"papers are opened about an hour before the exam"

Well I hope you're school doesn't do that!

The pack of papers should be opened by the supervisor a few minutes before the examination.

yes it should be done infront of the candidates ..
Reply 271
was a harder paper than most previous years.. you can expect the grade boundaries to fall because it seems as though a significant number of ppl found the paper hard.. the venn diagram question and normal distribution question which accounted for a high proportion of marks led to teh downfall of many ppl and so during standardisation.. this no doubt would be taken into consideration. if u get 100 UMS it doesnt necessarily mean you got everything rite .. during standardisaiton.. if it is found that a lot of ppl up and down the conuntry counldnt do one question then as majority rules the board will reduce the boundaries .. the ppl who got it rite would most probably get 'bonus' marks.. i donno ..relax and get ready for the next exams ..
why the paper was harder than any other i have done before:

No questions on the following:

working out quartiles,mean range etc etc, standard deviation, (apart from normal distribution topic), no histograms to draw, no stem and leaf diagrams, no working out correlation (although i cant remember), last topic we had to find both mean and standard deviation and they hadnt done a question like that in years,
what would a A grade be on this paper out of 75 roughly?
Reply 274
I fort i'd like 2 clear sum thing up,
yes there was a leek in the S1 paper, many ppl in london colleges n sixth forms had the paper a day or on the mornin of the exam
im not sure how the leek came about but there was definietly, 100% a leek in this yrs S1 paper.
as a result im not sure wot will happen, either every1 will have 2 resit another question, or colleges where it is noticable there has been a leek will be down grades. but its difficult to select a school or col, so most likely if theres a huge problem ppl will have to resit another S1 paper.
PS: im really PI*SED OFF about this as i believe i smashed that paper with about 95% so im really annoyed n i did the paper 100& legitally
Reply if u have any queries
How do you know there was a leak? Maybe people in your school are just good at S1?
Reply 276
trust me plz there was a leak, people where i work told me ppl in there col had the paper
so there was 100% a leak ok
Maybe they were winding you up?

I really doubt that there was a leak of the paper.
Reply 278
no no1 was windin me up, wot part of thee was a leak dont u understand, i son wanna b rude but there was a F**KING LEAK!!!
hvarsani
no no1 was windin me up, wot part of thee was a leak dont u understand, i son wanna b rude but there was a F**KING LEAK!!!

Lolz...

Latest