Nightlife in Belshaft! Watch

john171
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by doolie_xx)
Yeah, I know, it's odd, isn't it? In England I find the clubs close around 3am but when I'm home I fee like I'm having an early night. Well, at least the smoking ban has begun in N.I.! Yay!
Yea. It's fantastic. Smokers are jokers. :p:
username43584
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by doolie_xx)
By the way, Becca, I LOVE your Black Books quotes. Dylan Moran is my hero..although I don't think he'd appreciate me saying that lol. I did have a Dylan quote in my signature but it seems to have disappeared mysteriously...
I love Dylan Moran too! I so nearly got to see him at the Waterfront but it had just sold out
David Healy is God
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Since the inception of the smoking ban, the stench of Belfast nightclubs has become unbearable.
doolie_xx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Awww no way, becca (sorry for taking over this thread with Dylan ramblings btw)! I saw him at the Waterfront and it was brilliant. If he comes back, you have to get a ticket. Just hilarious. He recycled a lot of old stuff but there was still new material in there. He got heckled by this drunkard in the cheap seats to do Irish Hair and Dylan was like, "When you're down on the farm, collecting pig semen, do I come and hassle you? No!". Mr Moran, I love you lol
Mernard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was at the Waterfront too that night. Pretty good. Although there was a lot of recycling going on. Thankfully that drunkard spiced things up ever so slightly.
mwiko
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
oh i remembe that guy... i couldn't hear what his insults were supposed to be.. just drunken slurs..
it's like on never mind the buzzcocks, 'he's a professional comedian, you can't win'
doolie_xx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Haha so true! The drunk started it off by saying, "Dylan, I only want to say one thing.....IRISH HAIR!" or something along those lines. Maybe the one thing Dylan wasn't for repeating that night...

It kinda ruined the end of the show to be honest, because I think he just wanted to get off the stage as quickly as possible. Oh well, it wasn't as good as Monster but I still enjoyed it!
Henri Lloyd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Anyone going to see Sander Kleinenberg and Dave Clarke? How come it's so ****ing expensive though?
Lemmiwinks
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Nice to see this thread is still going on.

Limelight on tuesday has gone downhill since I posted this, since spring and airbreak opened there have been a substantial number of people going who wear pink ramones t-shirts and the odd time they wonder into the limelight whilst lost don't know any songs at all and get all aggressive and confused.

I've seen far more fights in the limelight in the last 9 months than I did in my previous 7 years of going there...and I lived in edinburgh for the whole of that time and only went when I came home. The sooner the trendy crowd moves on somewhere else the better!
Henri Lloyd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
How easy is it to go to Dublin for a night? How much would a bus ticket be and would you 'recommend' going to a party there and possibly come back early in the morning so that I wouldn't have to rent a room there? How long are clubs allowed to be opened?
Jim-ie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Bus ticket for a return is 12 quid from jurys hotel i think. And yes I would recommend it, kip on the bus they go at all hours to and from belfast i think you should check with translink.

just dont go to a club around the temple bar area, full of tourists.
Henri Lloyd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Great, that's exacly what I am gonna do then. I don't know where it is though, I would like to go to The Vaults on the 21st.
qubog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The Box - I haven't been but i've heard they make two queues, one for people who the bouncers consider 'good looking' and one for 'ugly' people. I have also heard they play really outdated music, Christina Aguilera "Dirrty", stuff like that.

Beach Club - See above, but less selective and with "dancers"

The Bot - Went for lunch once, the food was a bit pretentious for a student hangout and it was pretty quiet. Another time i went to the pub quiz and couldn't make out a thing the DJ was saying. But one tuesday night we had a great night upstairs! May have been due to copious amounts of alcohol.

Katy Daley's - I used to go to the pub quiz there every monday night but i think it might be in Spring & Airbrake now? I'm not really sure. It was good craic though. Katy's is a great wee place even if the goths and EMOs do think they own it sometimes.

Kremlin - Good gay club. I'm not gay but i have a gay friend and he had his first gay kiss there. They also have a drag queen who sings and give out free condoms. Whats not to love?

M Club - A bit spidey sometimes but can be good on a tuesday night. Might have something to do with drinks being a pound though.

Queen's Student Union - The speakeasy can also be spidey and druggy but everytime i've been to the bunatee i've had a good enough night and the quiz is quite good on a wednesday. The staff need haircuts though. Bar sub isn't a proper bar, so they shouldn't really advertise it as such. It is an extension of the bunatee but you have to sit on wooden boxes.
qubog
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Henri Lloyd)
How easy is it to go to Dublin for a night? How much would a bus ticket be and would you 'recommend' going to a party there and possibly come back early in the morning so that I wouldn't have to rent a room there? How long are clubs allowed to be opened?
Dublin is only two hours away, I also recommend going to Letterkenny for a night out and the Belmont in Banbridge would do for an evenings entertainment now and then, it is close to Belfast too.
username43584
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The Belmont isn't that great. It's far too small - only one main dancefloor and a small one in the cocktail bar at the back - yet they pack in as many people as is humanely possible. Plus it's £7 in on a Saturday night - a rip-off. I don't particularly like the Coach on a Saturday night because it's all fourteen year olds and the Voodoo's not open, but it's cheaper than the Belmont, you don't have to queue for hours for the toilet and there's more rooms to spread out into.

The best night out in Banbridge is Wednesday nights during the summer at the Coach when it's 3 quid in and all the rooms are open, including the Voodoo. There's generally a really good atmosphere, especially in June when all the fourteen year olds are still in school and so it's an older crowd.
Fitzy1967
Report 11 years ago
ya should head to the shamrock in ardoyne, pawrful wee spot.

kellys cellers is brilliant for an afternoon couple of pints
qubog
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by becca2389)
The Belmont isn't that great. It's far too small - only one main dancefloor and a small one in the cocktail bar at the back - yet they pack in as many people as is humanely possible. Plus it's £7 in on a Saturday night - a rip-off. I don't particularly like the Coach on a Saturday night because it's all fourteen year olds and the Voodoo's not open, but it's cheaper than the Belmont, you don't have to queue for hours for the toilet and there's more rooms to spread out into.

The best night out in Banbridge is Wednesday nights during the summer at the Coach when it's 3 quid in and all the rooms are open, including the Voodoo. There's generally a really good atmosphere, especially in June when all the fourteen year olds are still in school and so it's an older crowd.
I've never been to the Coach. Somebody told me it was a "rough hole"! :confused: Although theres probably somebody running around saying that about every club in NI. :rolleyes:
username43584
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by qubog)
I've never been to the Coach. Somebody told me it was a "rough hole"! :confused: Although theres probably somebody running around saying that about every club in NI. :rolleyes:
Well it is rather notorious. It's a case of wrong place, wrong time. I've been in its front bar when a fight broke out and five fellas got arrested outside. And a few rapes have happened recently. But that's rare and only really happens on a Saturday or Friday night. Inside it's not too bad - so as long as you have your wits about you or don't get too stupidly drunk you should be okay. True of anywhere. :rolleyes: It can get a bit chavvy really, especially the main dancefloor...my bf avoids it with a passion!
onecoolemma
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by qubog)
Dublin is only two hours away, I also recommend going to Letterkenny for a night out and the Belmont in Banbridge would do for an evenings entertainment now and then, it is close to Belfast too.
I don't understand why anyone living in Belfast would bother to venture out of a city with some great pubs and clubs, especially not to the Belmont or the Coach.

I don't think the Empire has been mentioned in this post, love that bar It has good food, a great atmosphere, lots of gigs (usually tribute bands) and Friday night is Glamarama Night!

Edit: Ook, the Empire has been mentioned...
Jim-ie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They sell Harp so thats a plus for the empire. Never been there on a normal night though, only for a pint and I saw stiff little fingers ages ago there too.

stiff kitten usually has something good going on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed