Your opinion on S1 OCR Watch

Pban
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Ahh crap.. i didnt get any of those for the Restaurant question. Hopefully it wont affect my grade too much. But i did get 0.3 for the intersection in the Venn diagram
RogueTrader
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by wedgehog)
For the balls in bag qu (4give me if i have got some details wrong) :

5 Black, 3 red.
And if you take a red it is replaced but if black you keep the black out. (is tht what it was i cnt quite remember)

Probability that it is black given red...
= Black then a red
= 5/8 then 3/7
= 5/8 x 3/7
=15/56

Prob of having a black second..
Either B,B or R,B
Therefore:
'R,B' is the answer above (15/56) and 'B,B' = 5/8 x 4/7 = 5/14
So P = (15/56) + (5/14)
= 5/8
= 0.625

P.S dno if these are right but it seems logical?
oh no. it was 4/7 im talking crap here.
Nitrox
Report 12 years ago
i got 0.5 for the venn diagram
what did you get for the number of rocks
~Bex~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I also got 0.3 for the intersection in the venn diagram. What was the number of rocks question?
Nitrox
Report 12 years ago
when it said find n the number of rocks to be found so that the probability of finding atleast 1 with a fossil is greater than 0.8
anon123
Report 12 years ago
As so many people found it hard, do you think there's any chance of the grade boundaries being lowered?
Nitrox
Report 12 years ago
i hope so..........but am not sure
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ammar89)
when it said find n the number of rocks to be found so that the probability of finding atleast 1 with a fossil is greater than 0.8
I got 16
Nitrox
Report 12 years ago
did you use atleast 1 in your answer
dizzla
Report 12 years ago
MEI was sooooooooo hard. For the rocks, H0 was accepted and for the restaurant i messed up and i messed the venn diagram up. Argghhhhhhhhhhhhh
sugarwhirl89
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I hate post-examination analysis. I swear it's some sort of exam-taking disease since everyone does it. Cutting up the paper afterwards is not going to improve anyone's marks and even though it may reassure some, it will only serve to demoralise others.

But this is only an opinion. The paper wasn't great, boundaries will hopefully be lower, but it's done and dusted and I'm not going to think about how badly I did until we get the results in August.
~Bex~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sugarwhirl89)
I hate post-examination analysis. I swear it's some sort of exam-taking disease since everyone does it. Cutting up the paper afterwards is not going to improve anyone's marks and even though it may reassure some, it will only serve to demoralise others.

But this is only an opinion. The paper wasn't great, boundaries will hopefully be lower, but it's done and dusted and I'm not going to think about how badly I did until we get the results in August.
I actually think it's quite useful in exams like this, because if you realise you did badly it might make you work extra hard in your core modules, and if you realise you did well, it might ease the pressure a bit. I do agree with you to some extent though - what's done is done, and nothing we do or say now is going to change the mark we got.
Nitrox
Report 12 years ago
its best to know how well you did.........otherwise you might get a shock in august
mcvities
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i did mei

though it was pretty tough.

for that venn diagram i also got P(b) as 0.5 and intersection as 0.3.

the final bits of the painting in an auction house did my tree in. :confused:
J2K
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did the MEI OCR Paper as well. I didn't do particularly well sadly. Question 4 I completely messed up, anyone know what the actual answers were?

For the Venn Diagram, I got P(AnB) = 3/10

I also messed up the last part of question six, I multiplied by 3 rather than cubing the final answer? How many marks you reckon they'll knock off for that?
Nitrox
Report 12 years ago
i did the same hopefully they will give us 1 mark
bband
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did terrible
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
for question 7 iii) the meaning of at least 60 mins is changed to at least 60 mins, but less than 480. Without further calculation, state whether his would cause an increase in:

i)the mean
ii) standard deviation
iii)interquartile range

wahat was the actual answer?
Giggsy11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I said mean and SD increased but IQ range remained the same. But wasn't too sure
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I said mean increased, SD stayed the same and IQ range stayed the same (as it is only the overall range that increases).

I thought SD would have stayed the same because the formula takes into acount the increase in the mean and sum of xifi. I wasnt sure out SD though.

and also, for the q about find the interquartile range, if we didnt use a ***. freq graph but used the midpoints of the class that 75% and 25% were in and minused the larger midpoint, from the smaller, do u think i may still get 1 or 2 marks?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.76%
No - but I will (98)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (607)
47.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise