Your opinion on S1 OCR Watch

Giggsy11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, I am quite sure that mean increased and IQ stayed the same.
But for SD I thought that the mid value would be higher in the catagory that increased. Thereore that would mean that the values are less consistent, I think.
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Var= (sum of(x^2f)/sum of f) - (mean ^2)
, SD= sq root of Var

so yeh the first part of the equation has increased, but so has the mean, so i thought that would keep it the same.
Giggsy11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah, I know what you mean. That is what I originally thought as well. Not sure. Anyway it was only 1 mark. Did you get 40 or something like that for SD in the 6 mark question?
thebadeconomist06
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
for the first one did everyone get that there was negative correlation?
I got x and y where 5 and ten also.
For the spearmans type qustion i put that the spearmans rank and the product moment where close to one bit of a guess.Overall i thought it was difficult but i think ive done reasonably well
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeh and 27.something for the mean. Also, you know question where you had to estimate the values of spearmans rank and prmc. were they both close to -1?

how dyou guys reckon the marks will be spread this year? because it was definetly a harder paper than all the past papers.
Giggsy11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
spearman was exactly -1, and PMCC was close to -1
thebadeconomist06
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone know any good sites for past papers for C1 and C2 not MEI structured though?
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ahh ****e
i put both close to -1
thebadeconomist06
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah i thought that one would be close to one and one exactly one so i just put both exactly one to make sure i atleast got a mark
Giggsy11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
www.examsolutions.co.uk
has loads of past papers. They are just slightly adapted so they can do it legally.
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ok one more. the question where we were supposed to draw a *** freq graph (7ii). Do you think I would gt any marks for trying to estimate the range straight from the table?

what i did was say Q1= 25% and Q3 = 75%. 25% lies in the group 1-4 and 75% lies in the group 15-29. So I took the midpoints of these two grous and did the mid point of the larger group minus midpoint of the smaller group, which gave 20mins to the nearest minute.

possible 1 or 2 marks? what was the actual answer
Giggsy11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
did you get n equal to 10 in that binomial question?
And for when they said that someones value changed in the spearmans question did you say there was no change because the ranking order was the same?
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mullabc.02)
did you get n equal to 10 in that binomial question?
And for when they said that someones value changed in the spearmans question did you say there was no change because the ranking order was the same?
didnt do the binomial question, as i left it to come back to, but it did equal 10 coz i worked it out when i got home. yeh i thought no change in value aswell.
Giggsy11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did a similar method to you. I found the proportion of results in a certain category
My mates were all drawing graphs and there seemed little point. It said estimate and if they wanted us to draw a graph it would have said if we needed to.
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mullabc.02)
I did a similar method to you. I found the proportion of results in a certain category
My mates were all drawing graphs and there seemed little point. It said estimate and if they wanted us to draw a graph it would have said if we needed to.
yeh thats what i thought. What did you get anyway?
thebadeconomist06
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got 10 for the binomial. I drew a graph lol i got 24
classic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeh I got 10 for binomial as well
Didnt draw a graph, should have done to work out IQR, but wish I had done.
RogueTrader
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cant beleive I mad so many stupid mistakes. Im looking at around 75% in that paper. Still possible for an A overall?
Giggsy11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
twenty something.
classic
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Definately. It's usually about 80% for A but think grade boundaries will be lowered due to difficult paper.
As long as you do well in C1 and C2 you've got every chance of getting an A.
And dont be too hard on yourself - you'll have done better than you thought and get method marks hopefully
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed