Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed that Lumpy isn't even on the forum at the mo!

Think we should all give her rep as a nice surprise when she comes back. Me first!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)

Think we should all give her rep as a nice surprise when she logs on again. Me first!!!
    Nice idea but I already gave mine to someone else about 2mins ago. DAM!

ReputationRep:
    I think she's already tried that. She should be strong and concentrate on her self-respect. She will hate herself if she begs him again and it doesn't work.

And if it does work, what's the point in being with someone if you've had to persuade them into it?
    I don't mean for them to get back together. When I split up with my gf (after 3 years), we were both a bit upset about it so rather than talking to anyone else about it, we talked to each other. We supported each other through a bit of a sad time, and came out the other side as best friends. Just an idea from my experience, but you may be in a different situation.

ReputationRep:

Think we should all give her rep as a nice surprise when she comes back. Me first!!!
    great idea. lets seee... what to say.... hmmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    I don't mean for them to get back together. When I split up with my gf (after 3 years), we were both a bit upset about it so rather than talking to anyone else about it, we talked to each other. We supported each other through a bit of a sad time, and came out the other side as best friends. Just an idea from my experience, but you may be in a different situation.
    If only all relationships could end like that, that is usually as far from reality as is possible unfortuantely, and it is also what can be scary about approcahing a relationship with a friend, i.e. fear of losing their friendship if anything were to go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    Ah, that's lovely!

It sounds nice, but what works for you might not work for her. It sounds like she desperately wants him back and doesn't really understand why it's not working. If they talked it over now, I think it would upset her even more. Perhaps after a while, when she's back on her feet...?

But it's up to her, of course.

ReputationRep:
    are more people giving lumpy good rep? if not, why? :confused: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    just to let u no, we split up last night.

he said he couldnt cope anymore, i begged for 1 and half hr to give me one final chance, but he wudnt.

just thought id tell u as a lot of u no us

:'(
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    She derserves it as alot of people keep giving her bad rep for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    Now is the time she need you as her friend.

ReputationRep:
    Hello oh two headded one...

Anyways... I feel for Lumpy, though I have never asked for a second chance. You do me wrong> U gone... I do you wrong> oh bad luck...

ReputationRep:
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    Hiya Glitter! Have you seen her today??

ReputationRep:
    Yes, come on people! Rally round in her hour of need!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god! Why would people do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Hello oh two headded one...

Anyways... I feel for Lumpy, though I have never asked for a second chance. You do me wrong> U gone... I do you wrong> oh bad luck...
    hello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Hiya Glitter! Have you seen her today??
    hey hun, no i havent seen her, i wish i had now, it seems im the last to know

ReputationRep:
    I would come... but id have to catch a plane to get there... 24hr flight doesnt take my fancy right now... But if i did not have an exam tomorrow... who knows?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    some people are naturally evil. we must be kiling them now...

ReputationRep:
    hey hun, no i havent seen her, i wish i had now, it seems im the last to know
    I doubt she's come in You're only last to know cos you're on a little later than usual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    i did think the same (ooohh the shame!!)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.