Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I do agree, its hardly acceptable behaviour. The gentleman's league should fight against this rubbish.
    gentlemans league? really? can i join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two_headed_monk)
    gentlemans league? really? can i join?
    Ask Mr White, click the gentleman's league in my sig.

ReputationRep:
    hate is a strong emotion. why do you care so much?
    I saw what this forum used to be and what it's changed into and the changes are not for the better. I'd like to see what type of review this forum gets when it is reviewed again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    That's what i thought, but no-one from the Gentleman's League backed me up when i was discussing the validity of a hair straightener thread with Bono and my part in having it removed.
    The hair straightener thread, although rubbish, is of some relevence to a student forum i.e. just general advice, I can't decide if that sort of stuff has a place here but like you said, some of Daz4000's posts and threads are completely spam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    The hair straightener thread, although rubbish, is of some relevence to a student forum i.e. just general advice, I can't decide if that sort of stuff has a place here but like you said, some of Daz4000's posts and threads are completely spam.

Well, until there are some new guidelines drawn up, how about keeping to the original purpose of a thread and not going off on a tangent? If you don't want to talk about Lumpy, don't post on this thread. Look for an old thread about spamming (I'm sure there are many).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trousers)
    Well, until there are some new guidelines drawn up, how about keeping to the original purpose of a thread and not going off on a tangent? If you don't want to talk about Lumpy, don't post on this thread. Look for an old thread about spamming (I'm sure there are many).
    see, i told you that you had more sense than me. all ive been doing is thinking up ways to insult them....

ReputationRep:
    Don't go moaning at me for going off topic - I was merely responding to a post made.
    I have already PM'd Lumpy with a private message from me and I feel that was the most appropriate thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Don't go moaning at me for going off topic - I was merely responding to a post made.
    I have already PM'd Lumpy with a private message from me and I feel that was the most appropriate thing to do.
    Fair enough, I'm just making a suggestion. We all go off topic sometimes, but if you want to organise the forum better I think this is the way to start.

Really nice of you to PM Lumpy, btw.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I'm just making a suggestion. We all go off topic sometimes, but if you want to organise the forum better I think this is the way to start.

Really nice of you to PM Lumpy, btw.
    hmmm, he didnt say that it was a nice pm... from what ive heard so far, hed probably say 'why do you care so much, you shouldnt have been in that kind of realtionship' all he seems to do so far is gripe about things. RAAA! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, he didnt say that it was a nice pm... from what ive heard so far, hed probably say 'why do you care so much, you shouldnt have been in that kind of realtionship' all he seems to do so far is gripe about things. RAAA! :mad:
    Admitt'dly these are all gripey posts but with reasons due to the rapidly deflating calibre of the forum, and it was a very nice PM by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Admitt'dly these are all gripey posts but with reasons due to the rapidly deflating calibre of the forum, and it was a very nice PM by the way.
    fair enough, it probably was a nice pm, when i think about it, but the forum is still great. it just has a more friendly atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    If you look back at the posts, Daveo wasn't actually moaning about Lumpy's thread- he offered her some advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    If you look back at the posts, Daveo wasn't actually moaning about Lumpy's thread- he offered her some advice.
    yeah, your right.... sorry Daveo.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, your right.... sorry Daveo.
    Thanks, It's ok, I do agree we do sometimes go very off topic but I don't really see how that can be avoided.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Thanks, It's ok, I do agree we do sometimes go very off topic but I don't really see how that can be avoided.
    well, why dont we get back on topic - we were all giving lumpy our condolences.

ReputationRep:
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwww

no way!!!

poor poor lumpy - make sure you get loads of hugs off all ur mates - i know it won't change anything, but it should make u feel a little bit better. anyway here is a BIG virtual hug from me.

pm me if you wanna talk.

love tk
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    you are a glorious beacon of light lumpy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    you are a glorious beacon of light lumpy
    certainly. lumpy does light up my day!!!

ReputationRep:
    certainly. lumpy does light up my day!!!
    Mine too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    Hiya Glitter! Have you seen her today??
    i saw her just before she went home. she walked straight past me mumbling something tome and then stormed off. her teacher aint happy tho. she had the work for today in travel and tourism.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.