Turn on thread page Beta

Lumpycustard and Shiftyste watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    You don't NEED him. Maybe he made things easier sometimes but you can handle things on your own. I don't know you that well but from what I've picked up you're a strong, happy person who knows her own mind. If he thinks you can't deal with things on your own this is the ideal opportunity to prove him wrong. You're lovely! Ok you've had quite a big knock but you can get through it if you want to (I think you do). Leave him be for a while and focus on yourself. He isn't everything, you've got mates, work to do, money to make, places to go, people to see, UKL (!) and you don't need him to do any of that. Chin up Lumpy...
    Wooh yeah! You go girl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    You don't NEED him. Maybe he made things easier sometimes but you can handle things on your own. I don't know you that well but from what I've picked up you're a strong, happy person who knows her own mind. If he thinks you can't deal with things on your own this is the ideal opportunity to prove him wrong. You're lovely! Ok you've had quite a big knock but you can get through it if you want to (I think you do). Leave him be for a while and focus on yourself. He isn't everything, you've got mates, work to do, money to make, places to go, people to see, UKL (!) and you don't need him to do any of that. Chin up Lumpy...
    best advice ive heard in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    just to let u no, we split up last night.

he said he couldnt cope anymore, i begged for 1 and half hr to give me one final chance, but he wudnt.

just thought id tell u as a lot of u no us

:'(
    Oh lumpy, I'm so sorry sweetheart, that must be devastating. I can't think of anything to say which could cheer you up :'-(

ReputationRep:

Hope this cheers you up a bit lumpy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)

Nice garden, yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Nice garden, yes
    :eek:!!!!

ReputationRep:
    :eek:!!!!
    Sorry, the background is nice as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Sorry, the background is nice as well
    :rolleyes: Lol, puppies are so adorable!

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Lol, puppies are so adorable!
    Ahhh, I missed it! I see it now...

ReputationRep:

aww that puppy is so adorable!!! I want one!

ReputationRep:
    Look you wont want to hear this but when I dated my first boyfriend I was incredibly insecure and clingy and needed reassurance all the time and was pretty much a huge sad doormat. Anyway he dumped me surprise surprise after quite a while and I was really gutted, but looking back I can see that it was just as much my fault if not more my fault than his. While I was making emotional demands on him because i was stressed and feeling bad I didnt appreciate that I should have been supporting him too. He had exam stress etc as well and the last thing he needed was me making extra demands on him and nagging alll the time.

The best thing he did was to finish with me. For him because he needed to have a less stressful life and to be able to go out with his mates and concentrate on his work without worrying about me, and for me because i realised I didnt need a guy to make mefeel good about myself. it made me more independent appreciate being single etc.

I think that you should appreciate that this may be just as painful for him as it is for you and deleting the emails could be his way of coping with it. It doesnt mean that he doesnt care. I had a big burning session when I split up with a boyf and it was me that finished with him because it wasnt working not because I didnt care and it was my way of getting rid of the reminders so I could move on.
    Maybe if you quit being so demanding (and I dont mean that in a bad way becuase I appreciate you are hurting) and give him the space that he obviously needs then maybe one day if its meant to be you might be getting back together, but hassling him by putting stuff such as I'll always love you on his site arent going to help because if hes as nice as you've always said he will be feeling bad enough already and it just reinforces in his mind why hes finished with you and that hes right to do so. Also dont check his email account it isnt your right now you've split up its an invasion of privacy and I think its really mean to do that.

It'll take time but you will feel better soon but I think that maybe you should take some of the things hes said on board. From what you've said here I think you think that some of the things hes obviously said about you being emotionally demanding are true and maybe you need to work on that because its difficult to make someone else happy if you are not happy yourself. Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Good advice viviki! I appreciate that you need support right now Lumpy, but I don’t think airing your dirty laundry in public is the way to go in this situation. You need to talk to him about it (not beg, convince or cajole) and realise that he is the only person who can make decisions about HIS life and trying to force him is not going to help things.

ReputationRep:

he said he couldnt cope anymore, i begged for 1 and half hr to give me one final chance, but he wudnt.

that ****ing suckz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    that f***ing suckz
    Indeed it does eric - great post there. - could have censored it tho.

ReputationRep:

Try talking to real people if you want reassurance. After all, we are just AIs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Speak for yourself. I'm just an 'A'.
    A shame... I am proud to say that I am both artifical and intelligent.

ReputationRep:

He didn't want you. You'll live. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    He didn't want you. You'll live. Get over it.
    everybody was being so nice, but thats the best advice upto now.
    infact its so good, it deserves rep.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see you back Corey, where have you been? I haven't seen you around for a while. There was me thinking i was being harsh earlier in this thread; you've obviously raised the boundary

ReputationRep:
    its the very end.

his mum texted me this mornin sayin he wants to be friends, but 1. how the hell can i b??? and two, look what he wrote here on guest book yesterday. hes not even bothered or anything.

i cant cope...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 20, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.